Brent Staker retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoy retirement Brent Staker. You always had a crack when you wore our guernsey. Such a shame you got those knee injuries which really crippled your final years at the club.

Good to hear Brent will be staying on at the club as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

club should never have offerred him a two year deal, literally got bullied into it by stakes when he was caught checking out carlton facilities and given our hands were tied with the go home 5 we could not afford another player leaving, will always be very dirty about that with him

but that goal against essendon and just his form over 2013 was great

Was also dirty on the two year deal but in reality probably didn't make a huge difference given the makeup of our list.

Had a decent career and always seemed to love playing for us. Game against Collingwood in 2010 the highlight for me, along with his goal against Essendon.

Bloody injuries though. imagine if we had Brown, Stakes and McGuane all at a 100% fitness for the last few years.

club should never have offerred him a two year deal, literally got bullied into it by stakes when he was caught checking out carlton facilities and given our hands were tied with the go home 5 we could not afford another player leaving, will always be very dirty about that with him

but that goal against essendon and just his form over 2013 was great
Hindsight's a wonderful thing.
Imagine he'd stayed fit.

Will never forget his game vs the Pies in 2010..

OR THAT GOAL VS THE CHEATERS! Never yelled so hard in my life.

My fondest memory of Staker would have to be that goal, was he also just back from injury? I might even still have that game, will have to go watch it again.

Goal against Essendon + the mark and kick against Geelong that Jackess highlighted were definitely favourites of mine.

Dealt a tough hand but did make the best of it.

Can only thank him and wish him well with whatever is next!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back