Brian Taylor describes Harry Taylor waving to the crowd as "a big ****ter"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unasseptable!

supernanny_narrowweb__200x352.jpg

It doesn't offend me but in 2014 you cannot say it & people have been in trouble for similar (ask Stephanie Rice!!) He is of the generation though where this was a very common term so he's obviously still living in the past.

So an already negative word term to refer to gay men being used to describe a perceived weakness or fault in someone, that's okay is it?
Before everyone gets up on their ****ing soap boxes, did Harry Taylor have a problem with what he was called? I'd say the answer is no. In which case, why the bloody hell should a bunch of sensitive nuffies on a football forum be up in arms about it for him?

Before everyone gets up on their ******* soap boxes, did Harry Taylor have a problem with what he was called? I'd say the answer is no. In which case, why the bloody hell should a bunch of sensitive nuffies on a football forum be up in arms about it for him?
I'd say I'm staggered you're this ignorant, but I'm really really not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I turned it on to see what the fuss was about. How the hell does anyone sit through this tripe?

I wouldn't know. Gave up months ago.

I'm sure we'll all just have to get over it. If a player called an opponent a ****** there'd be a royal commission.

Before everyone gets up on their ******* soap boxes, did Harry Taylor have a problem with what he was called? I'd say the answer is no. In which case, why the bloody hell should a bunch of sensitive nuffies on a football forum be up in arms about it for him?

Wut? Because 1 in 10 people on average identify as gay. By referring to Taylor as "a big ****ter" BT is insinuating that being gay is a bad thing, soft, wrong. As such, he's grossly offending 10% of the population.

How can you not understand this?

Look, I'm not offended by it but the fact is homophobia is a serious issue and insults like "****ter" and "***" only serve to tell gay people that they are "other" and a joke. Don't get me wrong, I use the words occasionally and love shows like South Park that use them religiously but it's not really the type of language that should be used on family programming, lame as that sounds. It was a very average and needless comment.

Knowing our luck C7 will sack BT and recruit a new star.

Dwayne Russell....
If that means Dwayne only does one game a week, that's a win for humanity.

Wut? Because 1 in 10 people on average identify as gay. By referring to Taylor as "a big ****ter" BT is insinuating that being gay is a bad thing, soft, wrong. As such, he's grossly offending 10% of the population.

How can you not understand this?
Because apparently posting pictures of Adam Goodes and Eddie McGuire not tolerating racial abuse backs up his point somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back