Traded Josh Bruce

Remove this Banner Ad

How long until we start seeing the first of the apologies on here from those who were called Pelchen destructive, over rated and that he should be dismissed from St Kilda?

Today, tomorrow, before the draft?
Pelchen will be our saviour, if we maintain our faith in his process & we put ego's aside..
Not going to be easy, but if we draft an elite talent plus a solid player from our 3 picks, we can fast track this re-build & challenge for top 8 in 2016..

Can't help but agree, also saw of number of his games & was surprised how athletic he was..
Besides the athleticism, his timing in the air either for marking or spoiling is first class..
What isn't noted though, is that he was recruited from Glenelg at 18 as a forward..
His value will not be limited to defence, he could be the "swingman" every club craves..
The importance of a swingman can not be underestimated..
Adam Hunter literally won the WCE their flag in 06, when swung forward kicked a couple of great goals to get them over the line..
Bruce, Longer, Savage, Delaney & our 3 picks from the draft will be an excellent selling point this pre-season for lapsed members to re-join..

Exciting times ahead for our great club..:thumbsu:

My friend you read my mind, the second game i saw him I thought of Hunter and the swingman scenario that we, and on one grand occasion, successfully implemented with Sam Gilbert. He just hunts the ball when it is in the air and has great determination when it is on the deck. His skills need work sure, but I am just astounded that we got him for pick 48 when i would have had him, albeit with the knowledge that he is already afl standard, in the top 25 if available in the draft.

Agree also re: memberships. :thumbsu:

Last year, we couldn't trade pick 24, 25 and a previous first round draft selection for one middle-of-the-road KPD.

This year we got two KPDs, each with heaps of upside, for picks 48 and 77. Cheers for being dicks West Coast :thumbsu:

LOL
Real thanks go to Cale Hooker. He sacrificed himself to a year of misery to save us.

I noticed Bruce was selected in the under 18 AA team in 2010 (interchange - as a forward) but wasn't selected in the draft and instead played a season of senior footy for Glenelg in the SANFL. Does anyone know whether he nominated for the 2010 draft or was he contracted (at that early stage) as a GWS pre listed zone selection?

I noticed Bruce was selected in the under 18 AA team in 2010 (interchange - as a forward) but wasn't selected in the draft and instead played a season of senior footy for Glenelg in the SANFL. Does anyone know whether he nominated for the 2010 draft or was he contracted (at that early stage) as a GWS pre listed zone selection?

They pre listed him. I think he was the first of their under 17 zone selections.

So now we have Bruce,Lee in our team :rolleyes:
images

half forward line

Savage Bruce Lee

Is no-one going to put that in their profile!!!??? :thumbsu:

(mind you, Tommy Lee Jones has been available for 12 months)

(not quite as sure Savage White Hickey will take off)

I really wanna hear some interviews or articles about the kid since he was traded but can't find anything anywhere! Longer, Delaney, even Savage had a few words to say and Bruce would be my favourite of them all!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Argh, there was a photo of who I assume was Brucey photoshopped into a Saints jumper. Thing is it's about 138 pages back in the mega thread probably.

He had short hair, gelled up. I posted about it questioning my sexuality.

Thing is, I can't find the photo at all - in fact I'm starting to question whether it's Bruce or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back