Review Round 1, 2024: Casey Demons Vs Box Hill Hawks, 24 March 2024, 2.00pm @ Casey Fields

Remove this Banner Ad

Real arm wrestle that quarter with Casey winning the quarter overall. We did miss some gettable shots.
Bodie Ryan really stood out to me with a handful of great moments.
Serong and Phillips are working well with each other, albeit some junk touches.
Meeky continues his good form but dropped a few marks.
Hust/Buts were quiet but Butler looks very slick in transition.
Calsher won't be troubling the stat sheet but I love the aggression with which he attacks the contest.
Shammy's been good, needs to back himself more.

Dear has impressed me so far. Honestly didn't expect to see him crashing packs in his first game given he's still very slight in build. Doesn't look out of place there.

To half time, you'd say Meek, Hustwaite, Mitchell, Phillips, Butler and Ramma are all putting their hands up for a senior spot. Meek has been very good apart from a dropped mark, Phillips looks a solid defender, Seamus has shown the dash that we loved from last year. A bit untidy with his disposal but that'll come with more game time.

Bar the mini comeback from Casey, BH looks solid. Another strong season from BH, can see Littlejohn stepping into an assistant coach role at HFC. A few guys in the seniors should be looking behind them as the next batch don’t seem to be far away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back