CFC meta-strategy: Prioritise Leppitsch signature immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

VantagePoint

Debutant
Sep 6, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Never did I ever foresee these words uttered for a man who inflicted so much pain in ’02 and ’03, but here we are.

As a tactical and strategic ‘live player’, it's crucial now more than ever to secure Justin Leppitsch's strategic role within the club for the foreseeable future.

Thinking out aloud here: Is it possible we see a game-day role like his become the highest paid within in a soft-cap era moreso than a front-man ‘manager’ or ‘gaffer’ like McRae?

Taking nothing away from McRae here, he is the best at what he does. In fact, he is so good that the hidden hand(s) up in the box above are rarely seen.

But I see them.

Never did I ever foresee these words uttered for a man who inflicted so much pain in ’02 and ’03, but here we are.

As a tactical and strategic ‘live player’, it's crucial now more than ever to secure Justin Leppitsch's strategic role within the club for the foreseeable future.

Thinking out aloud here: Is it possible we see a game-day role like his become the highest paid within in a soft-cap era moreso than a front-man ‘manager’ or ‘gaffer’ like McRae?

Taking nothing away from McRae here, he is the best at what he does. In fact, he is so good that the hidden hand(s) up in the box above are rarely seen.

But I see them.
Yep. Get it done. Can't have him getting Poached.

But I see them.
I want a vantage point where I'm so confident about which coach does what.

I think Leppa has a job he needs to finish in mind first.
Fly can have the first 4 in a row, then Leppa can take over for another 4, followed by Naicos Captain/Coach for the next 4.
Sound fair?

I want a vantage point where I'm so confident about which coach does what.

Snark noted 😏 Will pay it.

While the collective coaching panel appear to be successful together, the role of game day tactics derived from strategy - in my view - is becoming more critical as the quality of analysis becomes more sophisticated and more accessible to other clubs.

Interestingly, Fly mentioned in an interview yesterday on SEN that the club have taken on a new approach to coding and resulting game analytics, as a progression on CFC intellectual property.

The club appears to be more progressive on several fronts, not just culturally, and in an effort to further their competitive advantage on game day itself, will lean more on whatever their unique brand of analytics is going forward. It's not exactly 'Leppa in a box' in the box, as the strategy is set long before the tactics. But you need the congruence between the two.

Point being that while indeed the club is flying, I feel there will be a surge toward bonafide strategists where traditionally most focus on the 'head coach/panel' - what comprises of a 'good panel' is set to shift.

Leppa's record behind the scenes at Richmond speak for themselves. Fly's too, particularly around communication.

Trouble is strategists, good strategists, are rarer.

What is the difference between meta and strategy?

In essence, a "meta" in gaming terminology is a generally agreed upon strategy by the community. Said strategy is considered to be the most optimal way to win/ has the best performance at a specific task. Some people have defined meta as an acronym meaning “most effective tactics available”.

answer - sign up lara croft or super mario or both

In essence, a "meta" in gaming terminology is a generally agreed upon strategy by the community. Said strategy is considered to be the most optimal way to win/ has the best performance at a specific task. Some people have defined meta as an acronym meaning “most effective tactics available”.

Interesting observation.

I meant in the sense of 'The strategy of securing a strategist for strategy'.

Don't we already have a Super Mario? 👨🏻‍🦱

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snark noted 😏 Will pay it.

While the collective coaching panel appear to be successful together, the role of game day tactics derived from strategy - in my view - is becoming more critical as the quality of analysis becomes more sophisticated and more accessible to other clubs.

Interestingly, Fly mentioned in an interview yesterday on SEN that the club have taken on a new approach to coding and resulting game analytics, as a progression on CFC intellectual property.

The club appears to be more progressive on several fronts, not just culturally, and in an effort to further their competitive advantage on game day itself, will lean more on whatever their unique brand of analytics is going forward. It's not exactly 'Leppa in a box' in the box, as the strategy is set long before the tactics. But you need the congruence between the two.

Point being that while indeed the club is flying, I feel there will be a surge toward bonafide strategists where traditionally most focus on the 'head coach/panel' - what comprises of a 'good panel' is set to shift.

Leppa's record behind the scenes at Richmond speak for themselves. Fly's too, particularly around communication.

Trouble is strategists, good strategists, are rarer.
I agree that there are multiple different aspects to coaching and some aspects are probably more important and rarer than others.

And there's little doubt that our coaching panel is bloody good, but my question is how do we on the outside know who is killing which of the aspects that you're talking about.

Meta literally means after or beyond....
I took that OP to mean after or beyond the Hardwick exit, what's our strategy to keep Leppitch.

But the above explaination ofthe gaming use of the term could fit I suppose.

Personally I would have said "need to Pown them leet haxors"

I agree that there are multiple different aspects to coaching and some aspects are probably more important and rarer than others.

And there's little doubt that our coaching panel is bloody good, but my question is how do we on the outside know who is killing which of the aspects that you're talking about.

You're still right. We don't.

My assertion is that the appointed 'Head of Strategy' JL is the wind beneath fly's wings.

No Leppa, no Flying Fly.

I took that OP to mean after or beyond the Hardwick exit, what's our strategy to keep Leppitch.

I was going to say the same thing at the time....need to pr0n those sweet hazers....I just love gaming and metas

In the arts it means referencing itself.

Meta-art is art about art. Metalanguage is language about language, etc...

By “meta-art” I mean the activity of making explicit the thought processes, procedures, and presuppositions of making whatever kind of art we make. Some people call it contemplation of the umbilicous...

also can mean ""transcending".....

Transcending art?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back