Status
Not open for further replies.

hummer21

Debutant
Apr 30, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Welcome boys.

Here's to a big 2012 filled with goals, wins and banter directed at Uncle Mick!

The Richmond Central lads have started on the track, a lazy 45 fronting up to the first Clubbies training. They already look like the side to beat providing Carey don't cheat again.

Anyone else hit the track yet or have you already resigned to the fact that you don't stand a chance against the power house that is RCAFC?

The Richmond Central lads have started on the track, a lazy 45 fronting up to the first Clubbies training. They already look like the side to beat providing Carey don't cheat again.

Anyone else hit the track yet or have you already resigned to the fact that you don't stand a chance against the power house that is RCAFC?

surely they cant be in clubbies nth again, that was a disgrace last yr.

i do how ever rate that you are claiming you are the ones to beat in the lowest most social grade of footy there is & its november. needs to be more of this ;) haha

are you blokes having one side in nth & sth again?

Put your money on HR to play finals in 2012. As laughable as it may seem there is a big influx of former players coming back that will own Club XVIII South. I won't go crowing flags, but they'll give it a nudge. It's a shame Hummerston is a squib and won't play in the HR/RC fixtures.

You are right about one thing Uncle Mick, that is very laughable. Be careful for what you wish for UM, some whispers around the clubs are indicating a change in format at RCAFC in the clubbies teams

RC's clubbies are shaping up nicely and looking to go with two teams again. Perhaps they will play in the same division? Is that possible?

RC's clubbies are shaping up nicely and looking to go with two teams again. Perhaps they will play in the same division? Is that possible?
I daresay that RCAFC's weekly turnout to preseason training of up to 50 players is probably unparalleled in the history of Club XVIII football.

Providing Carey get (deservingly) omitted from the competition, there is a distinct possibility that RCAFC could win both the North and South Competitions.

How many have you wrangled down to HR training Uncle Mick? I do hope you have been forthcoming with the truth with the new recruits, and informed that it's highly unlikely they will need to learn the song for season 2012

I daresay that RCAFC's weekly turnout to preseason training of up to 50 players is probably unparalleled in the history of Club XVIII football.

Providing Carey get (deservingly) omitted from the competition, there is a distinct possibility that RCAFC could win both the North and South Competitions.

How many have you wrangled down to HR training Uncle Mick? I do hope you have been forthcoming with the truth with the new recruits, and informed that it's highly unlikely they will need to learn the song for season 2012

Pre Season training for the Club18 competition? That’s akin to cheating and entirely against the spirit of what Club 18s is all about.;)

The only way our clubbies would turn out for pre-season training is if we had a free beer for each attendee. Either that or they are fair dinkum and want to play seniors, ressies or 3s.

Our club loves the Clubbies concept. It has a place in the competition. But a pre season turnout with 50 players?

Pre Season training for the Club18 competition? That’s akin to cheating and entirely against the spirit of what Club 18s is all about.;)

The only way our clubbies would turn out for pre-season training is if we had a free beer for each attendee. Either that or they are fair dinkum and want to play seniors, ressies or 3s.

Our club loves the Clubbies concept. It has a place in the competition. But a pre season turnout with 50 players?
Most clubs foster a culture that considers Pre-Season training a chore. We simply view it as an opportunity to catch up, have a kick and enjoy a frothy afterwards. The only similarities our sessions share with pre-season training in the traditional sense of the word is that it's held before the season.

Most clubs foster a culture that considers Pre-Season training a chore. We simply view it as an opportunity to catch up, have a kick and enjoy a frothy afterwards. The only similarities our sessions share with pre-season training in the traditional sense of the word is that it's held before the season.

Now that’s more like it :thumbsu:.

While my comment was mainly tongue in cheek my point was that clubbies is a semi social comp and there are plenty of other options for those who want to take their footy seriously.

Now that’s more like it :thumbsu:.

While my comment was mainly tongue in cheek my point was that clubbies is a semi social comp and there are plenty of other options for those who want to take their footy seriously.

Couldn't agree more, especially given the Carey fiasco last year.

I'll have to concede at this point, hummer. We can't get a full commitment out of our former players and stocks are quite low that we're facing the very real possibilty of not fielding a 3rd senior side. Sadly, for you, I'm in charge of our Ressies this year so I'll have to take my business to the C Grade thread. Good luck for the season.

I'll have to concede at this point, hummer. We can't get a full commitment out of our former players and stocks are quite low that we're facing the very real possibilty of not fielding a 3rd senior side. Sadly, for you, I'm in charge of our Ressies this year so I'll have to take my business to the C Grade thread. Good luck for the season.
That's shattering, not just because I'm going to miss the winter-long banter between us but it's never good to hear of a teams demise owing to stock shortages. Here's hoping the Rover boys rally and you can rejoin the illustrious club xviii fold. Good luck mate, keep us updated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UM, Just drove past Boss James, all fenced up. Will it be in action in 2012?

Things have gone from bad to worse and they're closing the club down, champ. Nah, the ground's been like that for 6 months. It's in the latter stages of a resurfacing project. We'll be back on it in time for our 1st home game.

Morning Gents,

My bright orange Azuma boots from the UK have just arrived. Can't wait to be running around in Club XVIII with the loudest boots in the country.

If there is any Clubbies out there looking for a practice match, Skye FC (Div 2 SFL)is looking for a practice match for our 3rds (same as clubbies) this Sat 24th. We have our ground available. If anyone is interested PM me.

Well it looks like old carey cant go back to back in clubbies north this yr because the vafa are going with a clubbies 1, 2 & 3 rather than the clubbies 1 then regionalised north/south. Not the worst idea in the world i dont think might get a couple of closer games & last i checked rupo, westbourne or mt lil didnt have sides so the travel wont be that far i spose.

Well it looks like old carey cant go back to back in clubbies north this yr because the vafa are going with a clubbies 1, 2 & 3 rather than the clubbies 1 then regionalised north/south. Not the worst idea in the world i dont think might get a couple of closer games & last i checked rupo, westbourne or mt lil didnt have sides so the travel wont be that far i spose.

Old Carey need to find a thirds side before they think about trying to put a clubbies side out there again. That was a joke.

Old Carey need to find a thirds side before they think about trying to put a clubbies side out there again. That was a joke.

try being apart of a d3 club having a kick against some blokes would couple be half decent a ressies players. just a bunch of big fish little pond blokes

Just remember that a club can't unilaterally decide where to play - the powers that be are the ultimate arbiter in these decisions...

Not that I don't see (or disagree) with the comments being made here

Play on!

Just remember that a club can't unilaterally decide where to play - the powers that be are the ultimate arbiter in these decisions...

Not that I don't see (or disagree) with the comments being made here

Play on!

an a grade club with blokes pushing for selection in a res v a group of mates wanting a kick & half the time on a few hours sleep after leaving brunswick st at close who are pushing for a game in d3 ressies? hmm fair

they could have easily applied for a 3rd's team or even in clubbies (1) but they were too scared to take on the the big boys in the higher the grades wanted to win a prem so took the easiest option. i never thought i would say this but geez i admire xavs for fielding a 3rds their 4th in b grade 3rds & crocs (5th's) in clubbies (1). if anyone could pull the old "we are struggling to get 120 blokes every week can we just play in clubbies sth" card they could but no they push as high as they can as a club.

i am sure they still have blokes who leave night clubs in sth yarra that i dont even know are open (let alone would ever get into) at all hours then go & pull on the jersey but good on the club for pushing themselfs. i hope if my club were ever in the higher grades that we did the same.

an a grade club with blokes pushing for selection in a res v a group of mates wanting a kick & half the time on a few hours sleep after leaving brunswick st at close who are pushing for a game in d3 ressies? hmm fair

they could have easily applied for a 3rd's team or even in clubbies (1) but they were too scared to take on the the big boys in the higher the grades wanted to win a prem so took the easiest option. i never thought i would say this but geez i admire xavs for fielding a 3rds their 4th in b grade 3rds & crocs (5th's) in clubbies (1). if anyone could pull the old "we are struggling to get 120 blokes every week can we just play in clubbies sth" card they could but no they push as high as they can as a club.

i am sure they still have blokes who leave night clubs in sth yarra that i dont even know are open (let alone would ever get into) at all hours then go & pull on the jersey but good on the club for pushing themselfs. i hope if my club were ever in the higher grades that we did the same.
What Club are you affiliated with Members Section?

Is anyone privvy to when we might be seeing a fixture this year?

I have heard whispers that the entire clubbies section will be graded akin to junior footy with the leagues being changed after 4 "grading games" with 3 sections. You would imagine the first section will be made up of your power house clubs, Xavs, De La etc, second division will be made up of one of clubs with 2 clubbies teams, and the teams that have been dominating the North and South Divison leagues for the past few years and Div 3 will be the teams that have struggled over the past few seasons.

I'm a fan of the new structure however I imagine the 2nd division will be quite a step up for your Mazenods, Richmond Central etc.

What Club are you affiliated with Members Section?

Is anyone privvy to when we might be seeing a fixture this year?

I have heard whispers that the entire clubbies section will be graded akin to junior footy with the leagues being changed after 4 "grading games" with 3 sections. You would imagine the first section will be made up of your power house clubs, Xavs, De La etc, second division will be made up of one of clubs with 2 clubbies teams, and the teams that have been dominating the North and South Divison leagues for the past few years and Div 3 will be the teams that have struggled over the past few seasons.

I'm a fan of the new structure however I imagine the 2nd division will be quite a step up for your Mazenods, Richmond Central etc.

without totally giving my idenity away lets just say its in the inner north.

dont know about the grading games but i know there will be a clubbies (1),(2) & (3) this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back