Injury Coad's Hamstring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Nothing official yet, but just found this.

Coad was cramping earlier in the fourth quarter and eventually hobbled off late in the game with what turned out to be a hamstring injury.

McKenna had already used his substitution Alik Magin to replace Dan Gorringe in the third term and said he was left with little option but to persist with Coad despite his cramping.

"Due to rules and regulations he had to go out and he’s now done a hamstring," McKenna said in the post match press conference.

"Some people think the sub rule is great but it’s probably cost Coady a two to three week hamstring."

If so, that will be another blow to the back. Brown and now Coad for 2-3 weeks? Ugh! He was one of our bigger bodies too. Subject to change of course, but I guess we'll see.

Huge blow for us , another big body down , watching live yesterday with Tape in the backline , he tries his heart out but does'nt have the body just yet.

That's a real shame:(. Coad was one of my favourite players at Sturt and I was willing to see him do well at the Suns. Unfortunately, he is having a very ordinary run with injuries. Let's hope he has a full recovery and can step out onto the field again this year.

Ah FFS!! - Sounds like we may not see him again this season by the sound of things.

Just read that. Jeez! You've got to wonder how these sort of injuries can happen. That's some serious damage. Really feel for the guy. Huge blow to the career and to the Suns. :( Was definitely one of our guys to watch this season, and was already making a huge stamp on the team. How are we going to go without him?

I can't help but wonder. Bluey make the right call? I guess if three players are cramping up, it makes sense to play the bigger body of them. That being Coad. Alternative is just to play one short.

Here's hoping for an amazing recovery.

I don't like us blaming the sub rule for the injury, the Suns chose to recruit for long term success knowing the results of that will affect us in the short term, on Sunday the coaching staff chose to send Coad back out rather than the young guys this injury is a result of what the Suns chose to do, cause and effect.

Thought we were not going to be whingers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like us blaming the sub rule for the injury, the Suns chose to recruit for long term success knowing the results of that will affect us in the short term, on Sunday the coaching staff chose to send Coad back out rather than the young guys this injury is a result of what the Suns chose to do, cause and effect.

Thought we were not going to be whingers?

I don't think we're really whinging so much as saying that it's a terrible thing to happen. Can't help but feel for the guy.

I'm also not sure that we (forum posters) have blamed the sub rule for this injury either? ;) I know Bluey has mentioned it a few times... not sure why he did that, as I agree. This is a risk of what happens if you use the sub rule to bring someone off who is not injured.

Mind you. It's impossible to predict whether or not something like this will happen.

Safe to say, it's happened now, so no use going over past events. Hope the guy recovers fast. In the mean-time, we'll have to deal without him.

I don't think we're really whinging so much as saying that it's a terrible thing to happen. Can't help but feel for the guy.

I'm also not sure that we (forum posters) have blamed the sub rule for this injury either? ;) I know Bluey has mentioned it a few times... not sure why he did that, as I agree. This is a risk of what happens if you use the sub rule to bring someone off who is not injured.

Mind you. It's impossible to predict whether or not something like this will happen.

Safe to say, it's happened now, so no use going over past events. Hope the guy recovers fast. In the mean-time, we'll have to deal without him.

Sorry meant we as in the club (the Suns),was not singling Bluey out but yes he was quoted, and the club stated it did not want to be seen as a whinger before the season, absolutely the forum has been supportive of the player and I concur wishing him a speedy recovery.We need him.

Sorry meant we as in the club (the Suns),was not singling Bluey out but yes he was quoted, and the club stated it did not want to be seen as a whinger before the season, absolutely the forum has been supportive of the player and I concur wishing him a speedy recovery.We need him.

No problem. :thumbsu: Be interesting to see how we will that void. Those 4 weeks with no Brown seem to be going by at a snail pace!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back