Collica

Remove this Banner Ad

cartman

Senior List
Mar 17, 2003
bentleigh vic
Other Teams
westcoast
i see he injured his hamstring today , do you think he's just about past his use by date. two seasons ago he was rock solid pitty he may not reach those heights again

unfortunately, yes. Didn't play very well today and got injured in the third quarter. The good thing is though, i think we've got to the stage were we don't need him anymore (or will be at that stage soon). It is sad, i always liked Colli

i don't realistically see Collica on our list next year. He was a great defender but injuries and time are against him and he is nearing 30. Hopefully the young kids in defence can stand up in his absence. He is of most value to East Freo who look vulnerable in defence

Not sure how many games he will get this season, with Green, Morrison and Hunter are most likely half back flankers I cant see how he would get a game. BUt if he gets over his hammy and plays well in the WAFL I would happily bring him back into the side. He is a pretty steady defender without being spectacular.

Originally posted by materamagic
i don't realistically see Collica on our list next year. He was a great defender but injuries and time are against him and he is nearing 30. Hopefully the young kids in defence can stand up in his absence. He is of most value to East Freo who look vulnerable in defence

According to the AFL Eagles site, he's 27 in July.

It's not age, it's form, injuries and other players going past him.

He seems to be one of those players who can only play consistently well under one coach. Unfortunately for him, that coach is Ken Judge. The same thing happened at Hawthorn when Peter Schwab took over.

I saw a bit of the Perth v East Fremantle game on the ABC this afternoon and while Collica was beaten in his position, I'd say East Fremantle look vulnerable just about everywhere. In the bit I saw, their ruckman gave them first use of the football, they had almost as many possessions as Perth, but fell down terribly at half forward and couldn't buy a goal.

I watched most of the game and kept a good eye on Collica.

He started off OK in the first, tight checking, good spoiling and tackling. Typically good defensive skills as youd expect.

In the Second and Third he was led to the ball by his opponent. Was still with him most of they way, but seemed to just be out of spoiling range on occasion. Could be trying to go for that extra yard of pace that twinged the hammy.

Its fair to say he was beaten today by his opponent, but I dont think he was too bad overall.

i rated him very highly afew years back... and was a lone shining light i think that if he can get injury free there is a spot for him.

Collica has been a big dissapointment over the past 15 months. He is a very good player in his own right, who when playing well would assist any defence.

But unfortunately lack of opportunities and i'd say a lack of confidence (due to the lack of opportunity) he hasn't performed anywhere near as well as he is able too.

And with this injury, it would be a long road back for him. Dissapointing cause he is an asset to any defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back