Discussion COMPLETED eBay Auctions of AFL Guernseys - NO LIVE AUCTIONS

Remove this Banner Ad

Replica Pumas did have the AFL logo watermark, but they weren't sublimated, they were embossed into the fabric.

Since the Saints player issues had their numbers stitched on, it'll be too hard to tell whether one was a player issue or not, but would probably lean more towards it being one.

A Michael Braun Match worn 2007 state heritage jumper just sold on gumtree. Nice price too. Highly desirable jumper. Made for an expensive week with the selling of the names guernseys on AFL auctions and many familiar names there

A Michael Braun Match worn 2007 state heritage jumper just sold on gumtree. Nice price too. Highly desirable jumper. Made for an expensive week with the selling of the names guernseys on AFL auctions and many familiar names there

Yeah I saw that one, it had only been up for about 20 minutes when I saw it, I thought about it for a while, but obviously too long, cause when I looked again a few hours later it was gone. Not sure if I was willing to pay that much for it, plus I wouldn't want the frame so I would have ruined a perfectly good piece of memorabillia just to get the jumper out:D

Was that ever available:eek:
He sold it for charity when he did some speaking engagements in perth and bunbury in about 2010. Think he may have gotten 35k for the gf and 5k for the "we applaud what you have overcome" Guernsey from WCE v Sydney 07. Anyone here remember the exact figures?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He sold it for charity when he did some speaking engagements in perth and bunbury in about 2010. Think he may have gotten 35k for the gf and 5k for the "we applaud what you have overcome" Guernsey from WCE v Sydney 07. Anyone here remember the exact figures?

F**k me, although if I had that sort of cash to spare, I would have snapped it up too!

How much did it sell for?

So $25,000 for Jamie Elliot's Rd 5 Player Name Match Worn Guernsey, wow!! (Wonder if the bid is legit)https://auctiondesq.imgstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=resultsitem&AuctionID=46825&OrgID=1714

This is an interesting one. The AFL Auctions homepage says the jumper sold for $5000. If you click on the link it takes you through to the actual auction page where it shows the ending price of $25,000.

http://www.aflauctions.com.au

recentbestsellers_zpsaf435fa9.png

$_20.JPG
$_21.JPG

Sorry bout the sideways photo's these are just from the ad, I'll be putting some better ones up in the next few days.
Anyways.........
1996 Peter Matera Centenary year pre season player issue, signed by himself, Woosh, Jacko, Bret Heady and Cuz, cuz has signed it with the 35 after his sig, as was his number for the first few years. Got it from a guy selling it through gumtree, he had it in storage sinse he got it in 96, so the sigs are very bold, the whole thing looks brand new! Matera was All Australian in 96, and it nows goes nicely with my matera 94 away P.I, another year in which he was AA & brownlow medal runner up.

Ok so some more pics of the centenary.........turns out it isn't Matera's guernsey, but 1 number less, Andrew Donnelly #29, just as highly decorated as Matera, well if you take away the premierships, and the All Australians, and the club champion award, and the runner up brownlow medallist, and the number of games played, and goals kicked......but none the less a true legend of our team:D

TBH I was a little dissapointed once I took it out of the hideous frame. I was expecting to see the number 30 and to see the 29 did piss me off a little. Thinking about it though I don't think the seller was trying to hide anything or pull the wool over my eyes.

There was a little plaque on the frame that said WCE AFL Centenary guernsey signed by eagles stars John Worsfold, Glen Jakovich, Peter Matera, Brett Heady and Ben Cousins. It also had the Swan Brewery logo on it and the Mecure Hotels logo on the other side. Now I didn't talk to the seller too much about it (we met in a carpark near the Freo train station, looking like we were doing a dodgy coke deal, in the absolute pissing rain so I didn't really hang around to chat!!) So I guess that was my own fault, but looking at it in the frame, the stitching of the 29 & the 30 look very similar, and he could have just assumed that the only number out of the 5 who signed it that it looked like was 30. It doesn't look like 1, 24, 27, or 35 which is what the other 4's numbers were in 96.

So a little dissapointing not to have the 96 Matera to match my 94 Matera, but still happy to get a centenary P.I.

CENT1.JPG
CENT2.JPG
CENT3.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back