Confessions - Silly Acts and Poor Choices, (we've all done them).

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty stunned that people think that Internet forums "impact the club and players".
The first thing the players are told is to not read or subscribe to Internet forums.
And until the Internet forums impact the clubs bottom line, they couldn't give a stuff.
I love the rumours and inside info that forums like this give. Even if the rumours don't pan out.
Don't ever censor what is a free and open place. Especially because of a vocal minority.
If those posters don't want to see/read these rumours I suggest they block the posters involved. There are only a few after all. But I really think those who complain enjoy complaining more than not reading the rumours.
Keep BF censorship free.
Last point first; I'm not promoting/condoning censorship, merely suggesting "think before you post".
First point last; I suppose I mean the reputation of the club and players.
BF was around before twitter and I presume posts just stayed in the forum.
Now an opposition supporter can come on here, read something, tweet it and then it's everywhere.
Eventually they find a way back which may or may not be problematic for the player/club.
I prefer to avoid doing it to my club that's all & I sure as hell wouldn't post it on the scandals/rumours page!
That said, everyone makes their own decisions in life.

Edit: now that I've read the post by TFB I'd just like to add these are my own thoughts!

Last edited:

Internet forums do not directly impact the club or its players.

Internet forums direct the fans and readers and influence their perspective and opinions of the club and its players off of rumours, speculation and lies without knowing all the facts.

This spreads through social media, to friends, blokes at the pub or at the footy. It spreads and spreads, and a lie becomes the "truth".

It then becomes constantly mentioned on larger social media websites like Facebook and Twitter, idiots calling in about it on radio.

Then realise the fact that the big fish in the media don't care about reality. They only care about the "truth" that the audience wants to believe and what they will feed off. That's where the problem starts to begin.

So does the internet forum impact the club and its players? No it doesn't directly. But it does in it's own way.

You're right, censorship probably shouldn't be there. But self censorship should be. Just think about the bigger picture.
I might have disagreed with you, thinking it was a slight overreaction, but I saw the original Jamie rumour post on Facebook before I looked at bigfooty today... Hence it does indeed have reach and your points should be taken absolutely seriously.

you are all getting piledriver points

you are all getting piledriver points
“Best there is… past, present and future! Ohhhhh yeahhhh!”

“Dig it!”

“History beckons the Nacho Man!”

“Hulkamania is like a single grain of sand in the Sahara desert that is Nacho Madness.”

“I’m too hot to handle and too cold to hold!”

“It’s not a smorgasborg; it’s the WWF.”

“Oooooh yeeeah! I want everybody to freak out! Freak out! The Nacho Man is right here, and I’m gonna take it to the limit! Yeah!”

“Snap into a Slim Jim!”

“Ten thousand years as Intercontinental Champion, Oooooh yeeeah!”

“The madness is runnin’ wild!”

“The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!”

“We’re in space and space is the place!”

“Who’s in the danger zone!”

“You will eat my rear rockets and like it! Ohhhh yeahhh!”

“Let me tell you now a man of my position can afford to look ridiculous at any time.”

“I hate yer guts!”

“You say you love me like a brother but I hate you, I hate your guts.”

“I heard what you said about me a few days ago.”

I apologise for this
“Best there is… past, present and future! Ohhhhh yeahhhh!”

“Dig it!”

“History beckons the Nacho Man!”

“Hulkamania is like a single grain of sand in the Sahara desert that is Nacho Madness.”

“I’m too hot to handle and too cold to hold!”

“It’s not a smorgasborg; it’s the WWF.”

“Oooooh yeeeah! I want everybody to freak out! Freak out! The Nacho Man is right here, and I’m gonna take it to the limit! Yeah!”

“Snap into a Slim Jim!”

“Ten thousand years as Intercontinental Champion, Oooooh yeeeah!”

“The madness is runnin’ wild!”

“The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!”

“We’re in space and space is the place!”

“Who’s in the danger zone!”

“You will eat my rear rockets and like it! Ohhhh yeahhh!”

“Let me tell you now a man of my position can afford to look ridiculous at any time.”

“I hate yer guts!”

“You say you love me like a brother but I hate you, I hate your guts.”

“I heard what you said about me a few days ago.”

nacho_man1.jpg

hahaha.. i just copied and pasted randy macho man quotes.. the editor used 'nacho' instead of 'macho'

how good was the macho man though.. one of the greats. the guy looked like he was having a heart attack after every word.

He was a legend.

He was a legend.

i can't really go past george the animal steel.. when the moron used to bite into the buckle.. foam flying everywhere.. and commentators making a big deal out of it.. one of the greats he was.. looking back now.. i don't understand him one bit.. but back then he was awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The big Hawaiian for me

King Curtis and his Hawaiian splash

This thread should be titled Confessions of a Collingwood supporter. I'm sorry I stole a footy show magazine from my local milk bar back in the day.

On Anzac day about 4-5 yrs ago at a Collingwood v essendon match I bought a pie and I received more change than I should have. And I didnt give it back.

Im sorry

I'm sorry to the cab driver who picked me up from the city after our 2009 Anzac day match, I was in the front and spewed all over myself, his cab, his name tag thing, the dashboard, the gear stick, the console basically everything, I think he even copped a bit of splashback, it was like bloody spray paint to be honest.

Needless to say he politely asked me to * off somewhere near Elsty maccas, he didn't even want payment, so I used the cash to fill up my by then very empty stomach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back