Darnos 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

saint leo

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2007
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
We have had one of these for the last 3 years so why not for 2010??

So confirmed gone are;

Cann
Bergels
Michael
Harris
Martin
Martin
Chandler
Onley

Thats about 15 goals a game and 100 touches in the midfield. Going to be tough to replace. Just hope they are not too ba, No one wants to see darnum like they were a few years, hopefully the flag can get sponsors so cash doesnt come from one place and the club can stay competitive.

We have had one of these for the last 3 years so why not for 2010??

So confirmed gone are;

Cann
Bergels
Michael
Harris
Martin
Martin
Chandler
Onley

Thats about 15 goals a game and 100 touches in the midfield. Going to be tough to replace. Just hope they are not too ba, No one wants to see darnum like they were a few years, hopefully the flag can get sponsors so cash doesnt come from one place and the club can stay competitive.

your probably right leo but the flag with 2009 premiers will still be hanging on the club house wall.

your probably right leo but the flag with 2009 premiers will still be hanging on the club house wall.

I have no doubt it will be, just hope the supporters that jumped on board this year will be hanging around too.

We got a couple on our wall too but doesnt make the next few years any easier as a club.

Can somebody please give me the general story behind the Darnum 2009 season (Prior to the sucess)

I've heard number of stories from 2 blokes having a huge bet in a pub to an old bloke dieing of old age and leaving x amount of money in hope to see them win a premiership

Cann playing for Tarwin Lower correct?

We play them in two weeks. Unfortunately I have a wedding on that day so will be unable to run off the square and knock him into next week.

Word is revenue is going to fall dramatically at Darnum this year with the defection of Nick Gooden to dusties. Canteen and Bar sales budgets have been slashed, not good news for the club.

And i think its just Tarwin Surkin, not Tarwin Lower.

Watch out Brewster brothers. If they get half the love that Cann and Chandler got I would recommend locking their doors and windows at night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Tatterson being the other:thumbsu:

I think Jack is still weighing up his options but i'm pretty confident in saying he'll be playing for Nilma Darnum in 2010, lives in Melbourne in now so much more convenient than having to travel back to Sale/Maffra to play each week

Jed Costigan is the first. When available from Casey. Signed and clearance pending.

don't think you'll be seeing too much from him this season, very very fit and although he is only playing magoo's at Casey most weeks I don't see him slipping out of their 44 players on too many occassions, is a good signing none the less though:thumbsu:

Tatterson is the one to get excited about, kicked a fair few bags in the West Gippy League

Jack will definately play at Darnum.

Jack never played in a premiership though, but will be good if you can get it too him. Is a good player but is more of a forward pocket than a KPP.

Will lead EDFL in bananas and snap goals attempts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back