Official Club Stuff Dave Mathews Extends to end of 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Great move by the club for mine

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2018-06-29/ceo-david-matthews-extends-tenure

GIANTS Chief Executive Officer David Matthews has agreed to a contract extension that will see his tenure at the club extend beyond a decade.

GIANTS Chairman Tony Shepherd today announced the three-year contract extension through until the end of 2021.

Mr Matthews assumed the role as GIANTS Chief Executive Officer in November 2011 following more than a decade as a member of the AFL Executive.

Mr Shepherd said the board was delighted to again extend Mr Matthews’ contract.

“Dave has been an outstanding leader of our Club and is the right person to continue to lead us as Chief Executive in the next phase of the Club’s development,” Mr Shepherd said.

“During the seven years of David’s leadership at the GIANTS we have grown to be an important member of the communities of Western Sydney and the ACT. We are now a major player in the most competitive sporting market in the country if not the world. And this is from a standing start over seven years ago.

“We have three great teams, strong commercial support, fantastic facilities, a passionate supporter base and an organisational culture that is second to none.

“To have our CEO in place for a decade alongside our long-term coach Leon Cameron and General Manager of Football Wayne Campbell, demonstrates the strong and stable leadership at the GIANTS which is essential to long-term, sustained growth.

--- More in the link

Great move by the club for mine

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2018-06-29/ceo-david-matthews-extends-tenure

GIANTS Chief Executive Officer David Matthews has agreed to a contract extension that will see his tenure at the club extend beyond a decade.

GIANTS Chairman Tony Shepherd today announced the three-year contract extension through until the end of 2021.

Mr Matthews assumed the role as GIANTS Chief Executive Officer in November 2011 following more than a decade as a member of the AFL Executive.

Mr Shepherd said the board was delighted to again extend Mr Matthews’ contract.

“Dave has been an outstanding leader of our Club and is the right person to continue to lead us as Chief Executive in the next phase of the Club’s development,” Mr Shepherd said.

“During the seven years of David’s leadership at the GIANTS we have grown to be an important member of the communities of Western Sydney and the ACT. We are now a major player in the most competitive sporting market in the country if not the world. And this is from a standing start over seven years ago.

“We have three great teams, strong commercial support, fantastic facilities, a passionate supporter base and an organisational culture that is second to none.

“To have our CEO in place for a decade alongside our long-term coach Leon Cameron and General Manager of Football Wayne Campbell, demonstrates the strong and stable leadership at the GIANTS which is essential to long-term, sustained growth.

--- More in the link
Great news.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It makes perfect sense to hang onto the CEO who has overseen a very successful startup. The default in our situation should be stability anyway so a guy doing a great job is a no brainer.
Wouldn't be bragging too much about the dedicated supporter base at this stage though. I get the plan and it makes sense to me, but our sights have to be much higher.
:)For now I'm personally happy to have lots of room and great facilities at Spotless and easy access to away tkts. The day must come when it's more like Manuka with better food though, and you have to log on early to get away finals tkts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back