Family & Relationships Do I have a chance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fayab99

Senior List
Suspended
Feb 23, 2024
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi Blokes,
I wasn't sure if I can post this here (so please remove if it's in the wrong section) but i was just looking for some advice.

So when I was in primary school, many years ago there was this girl I had a really big crush on. She was my first love. Let's call her Jessica. In primary school I was always too nervous to talk to her. After primary school, we went to different high schools so I barely saw her but we were friends on social media. I observed her life (through social media) and saw her have different boyfriends.

I am now 32 years old and Haven't spoken to Jessica in probably 15-20 years ago. I have noticed that she is recently single. Now to be honest i'm not the best looking bloke and she has also aged a bit and not as good looking as she once was. But i'm thinking maybe this an opportunity and i'm thinking about messaging her. I've always had a crush on her and think she could be the love of my life. I'm thinking this is my best/only chance i'll ever have with her

Anyway, do you guys think it would be weird to message her?
and how would i go about it?
Do I have a chance?

Be respectful, but hey shoot your shot king. Whats the worst that happens? She says no?

If she says no, then its not to be, move on and look elsewhere, nothing lost and you have closed a chapter on a curiosity in your life.

If she says yes, then game on cowboy, and see what happens.

The keys are be kind and respectful, and accept her answer whatever it is. If its not on, its not on. If its on, its on like Donkey Kong.

Hi Blokes,
I wasn't sure if I can post this here (so please remove if it's in the wrong section) but i was just looking for some advice.

So when I was in primary school, many years ago there was this girl I had a really big crush on. She was my first love. Let's call her Jessica. In primary school I was always too nervous to talk to her. After primary school, we went to different high schools so I barely saw her but we were friends on social media. I observed her life (through social media) and saw her have different boyfriends.

I am now 32 years old and Haven't spoken to Jessica in probably 15-20 years ago. I have noticed that she is recently single. Now to be honest i'm not the best looking bloke and she has also aged a bit and not as good looking as she once was. But i'm thinking maybe this an opportunity and i'm thinking about messaging her. I've always had a crush on her and think she could be the love of my life. I'm thinking this is my best/only chance i'll ever have with her

Anyway, do you guys think it would be weird to message her?
and how would i go about it?
Do I have a chance?
How did this go?

I am still in love with her

Based on what you’ve said in your first message, it sounds like you barely know her at all. Then or now. Maybe you’re in love with who you think she is.

I’m not suggesting don’t make contact or try to get to know her, but you should put the brakes on your these thoughts of love and “she’s the one.” You might be setting yourself up for a lot of disappointment, and if that transpires be sure not to blame her. You’ve lead yourself down that garden path.

Anyway, there is no harm in contacting her and having a coffee or drink to see if there is a spark. Good luck. Hope it works out.

Based on what you’ve said in your first message, it sounds like you barely know her at all. Then or now. Maybe you’re in love with who you think she is.

Anyway, there is no harm in contacting her and having a coffee or drink to see if there is a spark. Good luck. Hope it works out.

Yes, best not to mention 'I've noticed you are recently single'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Jessica,

When I wake up, I think of you.
When I go to bed, I think of you.
When I'm in the shower or on the toilet, or laying in bed late at night, I think of you.
When I stare at you through the store window while you're at work, I think of you.
Jessica Jessica Jessica
Will you Marry me?

Regards, Woodrow.

Jokes dude. I hope it went well, but I doubt it did. Too much investment in her. Like a Punt we just couldn't resist and instead should have donated that money to the Make-a-Wish-Foundation.

Hope I'm wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back