FA Cup FA Cup 2023/24 (Final: Man City vs Man United) - On Paramount+

Football Association Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

No I don't. If they were, they wouldn't be putting out 2nd XI's.

Getting knocked out by Chelsea won't have given Leeds fans any concern.
Might’ve been different if we were mid table, but the fact we’re 2nd and in a promotion battle means pretty much all our focus is on that.

I don't agree though, I doubt he could have affected it.

View attachment 1916354

There are two Forest players between Casemiro and Felipe. None of them got near it

Danilo and Felipe are short and Danilo nearly got his head to it. Felipe wasn't flat-footed in your photo. He was the first one breaking towards the goals.

Look at the positioning. Casemiro was in line with the near post. Felipe was closer to where the ball was headed.

Liverpool had a goal disallowed in this fashion. I'm just not seeing the difference.

Danilo and Felipe are short and Danilo nearly got his head to it. Felipe wasn't flat-footed in your photo. He was the first one breaking towards the goals.

Look at the positioning. Casemiro was in line with the near post. Felipe was closer to where the ball was headed.

Liverpool had a goal disallowed in this fashion. I'm just not seeing the difference.
Colwill was next to VVD. VVD had his shirt in his hands. Felipe is at least 2m away from Casemiro. There is no physical way he is getting to that ball first. Williams was closer and didn't get near it.

Colwill was next to VVD. VVD had his shirt in his hands. Felipe is at least 2m away from Casemiro. There is no physical way he is getting to that ball first. Williams was closer and didn't get near it.

Opinions are interesting.

Casemiro had to come closer to Felipe's line to meet the drop.

At the end of the day we will never know, because Man U had a player deliberately offside blocking his run.

Don't get me wrong, Forest got what they deserved. We waste so many chances.

We just don't get the rub of the green from VAR. Most lower clubs are the same. I don't have a lot of faith in those who run the game.

National treasure you are.

637302.gif

643358.jpg

Bit of a comparison between Liverpool and Man United offside calls.

It's really up to what the linesman calls on whether a player is involved or not being unsighted aside.

Clearly the linesman made a call in both matches that the players in an offside position were not interfering with play.

And that's how it should stay barring the most obvious to the contrary. Then a VAR review is appropriate.

It's really up to what the linesman calls on whether a player is involved or not being unsighted aside.

Clearly the linesman made a call in both matches that the players in an offside position were not interfering with play.

And that's how it should stay barring the most obvious to the contrary. Then a VAR review is appropriate.

You've just made up a rule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool story.
VAR reviews every goal. If they think a clear and obvious error was made they will recommend a review.

End of story.

Unfortunately for you the rule that if it goes Liverpools way its a good decision, if it goes against it isn't doesn't count.

You've just made up a rule.

Lol, you really do lose all sense of objectivity when it comes to anything Liverpool related.

Nothing has been made up here. It absolutely is the responsibility of the linesman to make a call on which attacking players are and aren't interfering with play.

I can safely say that had the linesman ruled offside for interference off the ball in the Utd game it should not have gone to a VAR review.

In the instance of the Utd game actually VAR did not intervene over the linesman which also is the right call.

Lol, you really do lose all sense of objectivity when it comes to anything Liverpool related.

Nothing has been made up here. It absolutely is the responsibility of the linesman to make a call on which attacking players are and aren't interfering with play.

I can safely say that had the linesman ruled offside for interference off the ball in the Utd game it should not have gone to a VAR review.

In the instance of the Utd game actually VAR did not intervene over the linesman which also is the right call.

The linesman made a call. VAR said that it was a wrong call.

Which as I understand is well within the rules despite you inventing one which makes the linesman the ultimate arbiter of what is right and what is wrong.

The linesman made a call. VAR said that it was a wrong call.

Which as I understand is well within the rules despite you inventing one which makes the linesman the ultimate arbiter of what is right and what is wrong.

If the same call was made in our favor against your mob in the last minute of the game and denying an equaliser or winner you'd be creating all sorts of VAR conspiracies afterwards.

If the same call was made in our favor against your mob in the last minute of the game and denying an equaliser or winner you'd be creating all sorts of VAR conspiracies afterwards.
More lies coming from you..

We've had many calls go in your favour against us that I've thought were bad decisions, but just bad decisions.

And I can't recall ever claiming a VAR conspiracy, just bad VAR procedures and bad VAR decisions. No calls for games to be replayed from me, unlike some.

More lies coming from you..

We've had many calls go in your favour against us that I've thought were bad decisions, but just bad decisions.

And I can't recall ever claiming a VAR conspiracy, just bad VAR procedures and bad VAR decisions. No calls for games to be replayed from me, unlike some.

Touchy. I've only suggested an investigation into whether a game be replayed when there has been a misapplication of the laws of the game.

To help you understand such a concept read here:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back