FEDERER or WOODS

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats like me saying federer is going to RG as a favourite.Do you agree then?? Rafa hates fast surfaces, without a doubt he is not a favourite on indoor courts, whats so confusing about that???

P.S What happened to your alias?? you tried someone to back you up.Too bad it was your alias :eek:

You are a strange unit Total Power. You just enjoy posting ridiculous amounts of posts on Fed and Rafa and we will wonder why you do it....

Federer is not quite as dominant on all surfaces while Tiger has won everywhere. He also dominated from his first year on tour while Roger took a while to get his best game going. I also find Tiger a lot more charismatic and has done a lot to lift the profile of Golf. I'm not sure Federer has had the same impact on his sport. IMO the only person who can compare equally with Tiger in recent years is Michael Jordan.

Have thought about the issue long and hard and here is my conclusion...

Federer has to beat seven opponents to win a Grand Slam title.
Tiger has to beat 154 opponents to win a Grand Slam title.

If Federer completely shanks a ball, he loses the point.
If Tiger completely shanks a shot, it can cost him a victory.

Federer still can't win a Major on clay.
Tiger has won on every type of course in the world.

Furthermore, Federer has not held all four Grand Slam titles.
Tiger has done so twice.

And finally... if you look at Tiger's recent winning streak at the start of 2008 (seven events), he was better than 899 other players without losing to one of them that entire time. All of this achieved in varying environments and changing conditions that the great man has had to adapt his game to suit each time (and won each time).

They are both brilliant athletes, but golf is a far harder sport to dominate. Look at the game before Tiger. There was a new winner almost every week and the favourite was priced around 10.00 to 11.00 compared to 3.00 to 4.00 on Tiger these days. His dominance is absolutely phenomenal and superior to Federer's IMO.

All fair points, but there are a hell of a lot more tennis players, across all ages, around the world than golfers. And i'm not sure if you can compare surfaces, very different concept.

All fair points, but there are a hell of a lot more tennis players, across all ages, around the world than golfers. And i'm not sure if you can compare surfaces, very different concept.

How so?

A links course will play different to a parkland course.
A downs course will play different to a forest course.

Just like a clay court plays different to a hard court and a carpet court plays different to a grasscourt.

Furthermore, I have no doubt whatsoever that golf has more participants than tennis.

How so?

A links course will play different to a parkland course.
A downs course will play different to a forest course.

Just like a clay court plays different to a hard court and a carpet court plays different to a grasscourt.

Furthermore, I have no doubt whatsoever that golf has more participants than tennis.

I think in regard to surfaces that tennis is the harder to adapt to because the ball is dynamic and in motion whilst it is being hit but in golf in just sits there. If you like, the change in surface in golf is like the change in your tennis shot when you hit it. But as you approach it to strike it - its the same in golf.

Well that is a very subjective statement, isn't it. If you are talking gents aged 50+, then yes Golf is the more played sport. If you are talking boys aged between 5-18, then obviously tennis has far more participants.

Woods will retire as he greatest golfer of all time for a long long long time
Feds gonna have the likes of Nadal dominating the game.

Tigers Woods.

Even when having a bad tournament, still manages to place second.

Absolutely phenomenal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back