Resource Fitzroy Forum Main Index - New Arrivals Can Save Browsing Time By Starting Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status of updating :
2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015
2016 Jan Feb Mar Apr May
======================

The original push for a Fitzroy subforum on Bigfooty!

Fitzroy On The Web
[Fitzroy FC] [Fans Facebook Page] [Victorian Lions Supporters Group] [Maroon And Blue]

Match Timeline / Reports / Discussions :
Rich (BB code):
 Pre-VFA         VFA             VFL / AFL           Fitzroy Reds        VAFA
[<-- 1883] [1883----1896] [1897-------------1996] [1998---------2008] [2009 -->]
                                                  [1999-2000]
                                                 Coburg-Fitzroy

Players : See the Player Info Hub.

Staff : Alan McConnell Michael Nunan David Parkin Rob Shaw

Supporters, Fans & Barrackers :
- We The People : [Why are you a Fitzroy fan?] [Supporter Rituals] [Cheer Squad Memories] [Songs & Chants] [Describe Your Guernsey] [Roys Family or Loner?]
- Specific Fans : [Kenny] [Stormi]
- Public Figures : [Celebrity Square]
- Other Folk : [Bernie Ahern]

Merger Fallout : [The White-Ant Files] [Who do you support now?] [What % Follows Brisbane] [Where to from here?] [Post-Merger Stress] [Should we Ever Stop This Noticing-Our-Death Thing] [Who Do You Go And Watch?] [If A New Fitzroy Joined AFL, Would You Follow?] [Where Were You When It Happened?] [MERGE ALL THE FITZROYS!]

Places : [Brunswick St Oval 1 2 3 4 5] [Arden Street] [Fitzroy Club Hotel] [Junction Oval 1 2]

Roys Merchandise, Media and other references :
Merchandise : [The Fitzroy Shop] [Query]
DVDs/Videos : [Video Hub] [Reds 2001 GF] [The Club] [Boulevarde Of Broken Dreams] [Garbo] [The Great Macarthy] [Cop Shop] [At Their Best] [House Rules] [Royboys (documentary)]
Books : [New Thread Specifically For Book References]
Music : [New Thread Specifically For Music References]
Miscellaneous :
Most Hated Opposition / Biggest Rivals here, here & here
Rate Fitzroy's Nicknames here
Fitzroy Theme Song here, here & here
Analysing Passion here
Rants And to think ... Told Yer. Warned Yer Twice

Wow! How dead ARE we?! : Lunatics who dispute the existence of this board, freaks who think their thoughts on the merger are the first ever thunked and nitwits that ironically bleat that Fitzroy doesn't exist.
here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here & here
here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here

Forum Games & Quizzes :
[Fat Pizza's Trivia Questions] [Hangman 1 2] [Fitzroy Crossword] [Player Name Games 1 2]

Other Fitzroys :
Now has a thread of it's own : Other Fitzroys

Updated to end of 2011

Last edited:
Thanks Mob...hours of fun for the whole Family!
Might stir me to add a few more of my fav game memories.

Re: Quick Find List - Fitzroy Match Reflections

Originally posted by Mobbenfuhrer
1978 - Round GF (preseason) v ???? (????) : here

1970s - Round ?? (fog game) v Carlton : here

I think you'll find the 1978 AMCO-Herald Cup Grand Final (not preseason as it was played on June 20) was against North Melbourne. And I'm pretty sure the "fog" game was R21 1971.

Re: Quick Find List - Fitzroy Match Reflections

Originally posted by Mobbenfuhrer
Roycollections : Fans Talk About Selected Matches :

1993 - Round 08 v West Coast (???? WA) : here
1986 - Round ?? (30/8) v Sydney (Vic Park) : here
1986 - Round ?? (24/6) v Essendon (Vic Park) : here

1983 - Round ?? (20/8) v Collingwood (Junction Oval) : here
1982 - Round ?? (24/7) v Hawthorn (VFL Park) : here and here

1981 - Round ?? (5/9) v Essendon (VFL Park) : here and here
1978 - Round GF (AMCO GF) v North Melbourne (????) : here and here

Another bit of blank-filling and correcting for you:
1993 - Round 08 v West Coast (WACA)
1986 - Round 22 (30/8) v Sydney (Vic Park)
1986 - Round 09 (24/5) v Essendon (Vic Park)

1983 - Round 21 (20/8) v Collingwood (Junction Oval)
1982 - Round 17 (24/7) v Hawthorn (VFL Park)

1981 - Round EF (5/9) v Essendon (VFL Park)
1978 - Round GF (AMCO-Herald Cup GF) (20/6) v North Melbourne (VFL Park)

Thought you'd have Fitzroy's only two games in Tassie down there, which I gladly attended. When my dad was working, he and his mare (Robbie) were taking pictures that day. Got in for free, got to see most of it, but left aboutr half way through the 3rd or the last.

Re: Quick Find List - Fitzroy Match Reflections, Pros and Cons of Merger, Reds W/L Re

Mobbers, 86 first semi (v Sydney) was at the MCG. :)

It's mentioned in the re-collections for that game (just clicked on the links).

Forgive the lateness of this minor correction.

Still waiting for VEG to send me the videos of that game, and the Elimination final. (it's on order apparently. I paid via money order).

Cheers

Re: Quick Find List - Fitzroy Match Reflections, Pros and Cons of Merger, Reds W/L Re

Mobbenfuhrer said:
Got it, thanks vik!

No probs.

No sooner did I mention the vids that I received them. :D Will watch 'em some time soon.

Re: Quick Find List - Fitzroy Match Reflections, Pros and Cons of Merger, Reds W/L Record

Thanks for this Mob. I'm going to resurrect some of these threads as they're good yarns!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Quick Find List - Fitzroy Match Reflections, Pros and Cons of Merger, Reds W/L Record

Now I've stuffed up and lost most of my links from the first (front) post, so I'll be spending some time recreating it.

Anybody who wants to assist by posting links to other relevant threads in this board, please feel free to do so.

The categories included :
- Any reports/memories of any particular Fitzroy match.
- Popular theme threads eg who do we barrack for now, wjhat's our view on merger.
- Fitzroy's life and/or death situation.
- Where are they now.
- Player guernseys
- Fitzroy Games
- Reds threads (eg the match results index)

I'll slowly start working through it.

Kev

Okay 2003, 2004 and 2005 is done, got 2001 and 2002 to go. Actually improved the detail a little this time so it should be better than it was, when it is finished.

Two major themes left out, but probably should be included sometime, are : Fitzroy Jrs, and the Roys fantasy footy club. I may have a look at them as soon as I've finished the part I'm doing. If anyone else wants to find them for me, knock yourselves out! :)

Wow, Mob's, great job with this thread. Very interesting!!

Good evening Fish.

Evening tucker. RFCTA in here as well. Good choice.

Hey RFCTA....you are a rampantly homosexual being trapped in the body of a rampantly homosexual being.

New links ... have moved all match discussion threads to new thread. There's now a group of three threads: FFC 1897-1996, Fitzroy Reds 1998-2008 and Fitzroy FC (incorp Reds) 2009 onwards. Will also eventually create a Coburg-Fitzroy Lions thread.

Brought up to date to end of last completed month (April 2010).

Edits included (some in this index but mostly in the branching sub-indexes) :
More Fat Pizza Q's
Some Player updates (eg Clen Denning RIP)
Scores from 2010 Fitzroy plus a couple more match threads on older matches
Added link to Ugly Dave Gray video in Music thread.

"Everything that's ever happened in a place. Its all there." - Jonah (Bruce Spence), The Year My Voice Broke

Status of updating :
2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010
2011 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

======================

The original push for a Fitzroy subforum on Bigfooty!

Fitzroy On The Web
[Fitzroy FC] [Fans Facebook Page] [Victorian Lions Supporters Group] [Maroon And Blue]

Match Timeline / Reports / Discussions :
Rich (BB code):
 Pre-VFA         VFA             VFL / AFL           Fitzroy Reds        VAFA
[<-- 1883] [1883----1896] [1897-------------1996] [1998---------2008] [2009 -->]
                                                  [1999-2000]
                                                 Coburg-Fitzroy

Players : See the Player Info Hub.

Staff : Alan McConnell Michael Nunan David Parkin Rob Shaw

Supporters, Fans & Barrackers :
- We The People : [Why are you a Fitzroy fan?] [Supporter Rituals] [Cheer Squad Memories] [Songs & Chants] [Describe Your Guernsey] [Roys Family or Loner?]
- Specific Fans : [Kenny] [Stormi]
- Public Figures : [Celebrity Square]
- Other Folk : [Bernie Ahern]

Merger Fallout : [The White-Ant Files] [Who do you support now?] [What % Follows Brisbane] [Where to from here?] [Post-Merger Stress] [Should we Ever Stop This Noticing-Our-Death Thing] [Who Do You Go And Watch?] [If A New Fitzroy Joined AFL, Would You Follow?] [Where Were You When It Happened?]

Places : [Brunswick St Oval 1 2 3 4 5] [Arden Street] [Fitzroy Club Hotel] [Junction Oval 1 2]

Roys Merchandise, Media and other references :
Merchandise : [The Fitzroy Shop] [Query]
DVDs/Videos : [Video Hub] [Reds 2001 GF] [The Club] [Boulevarde Of Broken Dreams] [Garbo] [The Great Macarthy] [Cop Shop] [At Their Best] [House Rules] [Royboys (documentary)]
Books : [New Thread Specifically For Book References]
Music : [New Thread Specifically For Music References]
Miscellaneous :
Most Hated Opposition / Biggest Rivals here, here & here
Rate Fitzroy's Nicknames here
Fitzroy Theme Song here, here & here
Analysing Passion here
Rants And to think ... Told Yer. Warned Yer Twice

Wow! How dead ARE we?! : Lunatics who dispute the existence of this board, freaks who think their thoughts on the merger are the first ever thunked and nitwits that ironically bleat that Fitzroy doesn't exist.
here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here & here
here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here

Forum Games & Quizzes :
[Fat Pizza's Trivia Questions] [Hangman 1 2] [Fitzroy Crossword] [Player Name Games 1 2]

Other Fitzroys :
Rich (BB code):

Remove this Banner Ad

Back