Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
Planning to go to the US of A mid-year, to see my favourite band. Read in the paper today alot of people are taking cheap Jetstar flights to Honolulu, then cheap US flights to the West Coast. Apparently costs about $1100 return, as opposed to around $1900-$2000. Anyone done this, or know anyone who has?

Planning to go to the US of A mid-year, to see my favourite band. Read in the paper today alot of people are taking cheap Jetstar flights to Honolulu, then cheap US flights to the West Coast. Apparently costs about $1100 return, as opposed to around $1900-$2000. Anyone done this, or know anyone who has?

Easily a cheaper way to do so, get the JetStar one way roughly $650 including taxes and then a Hawaiin Airlines or ATA flight to any West Coast destination, you just saved yourself roughly $700-800

I got a return ticket from Perth to New York next month via Tokyo through American Airlines/Qantas for $1433 after taxes ($989 before taxes). You just got to keep one eye on specials, there are always really good deals flying around.

I got a return ticket from Perth to New York next month via Tokyo through American Airlines/Qantas for $1433 after taxes ($989 before taxes). You just got to keep one eye on specials, there are always really good deals flying around.

Thats very good, I'm looking at going to America in May/June next year. It's their summer so I'm expecting a fairly expensive ticket, might look into the Jet star to Hawaii and then some dingey air line through to the states.

Thats very good, I'm looking at going to America in May/June next year. It's their summer so I'm expecting a fairly expensive ticket, might look into the Jet star to Hawaii and then some dingey air line through to the states.

Just had a look and this is the cheapest I could find right now...

Sydney to NY for $1099 + taxes until Apr 30.... then $1299 + taxes

From Melbourne, it is a bit more expensive.

http://www.bestflights.com.au/cgi-bin/202/flights?maindetails=2383

Specials come out every day though so probably will be able to get it cheaper.

I'm also intending to go over to the US in early July in 2008. It'll be in uni holidays so that restricts the days I'll be able to fly.

Just had a look and this is the cheapest I could find right now...

Sydney to NY for $1099 + taxes until Apr 30.... then $1299 + taxes

From Melbourne, it is a bit more expensive.

http://www.bestflights.com.au/cgi-bin/202/flights?maindetails=2383

Specials come out every day though so probably will be able to get it cheaper.

I had a quick look as well, I'm thinking of adding in a Hawaii stop if I am able to save some money on my ticket to the states. If its the difference of 200 odd bucks and Jetstar and a decent airline however then I'd probably go with the more expensive option.

A stop over in Singapoore or Tokyo maybe on the cards also if that is cheeper. Did i read this right in the news a while back, that the only carrier to do the Sydney/LA Leg is QANTAS?? Surely there are some American carriers that fly the route as well!

1100 plus taxes is still very decent. I payed 1850 plus taxes to go to Europe with Emirates in early Novoember.

Roddy, you might want to look at Southwest Airlines and JetBlue for some great rates on US domestic flights. As far as the Rush concerts go, I'll post the dates and ticket info on the music boards.

Roddy, you might want to look at Southwest Airlines and JetBlue for some great rates on US domestic flights. As far as the Rush concerts go, I'll post the dates and ticket info on the music boards.

Cool, man, thanks.

You coming? We should make it a Rush pilgrimage.....:thumbsu:

Did i read this right in the news a while back, that the only carrier to do the Sydney/LA Leg is QANTAS?? Surely there are some American carriers that fly the route as well!

United do it as well.

For another option, you can fly to the States via Auckland on AirNZ.

I have done the trip about 10 times, all on United. But I have just booked tickets on Qantas for the first time. An absolute ripper of a deal. Flying back for the Blues first game against the Tigers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back