Remove this Banner Ad

Portmagpies

All Australian
Apr 18, 2003
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
FIRST-CLASS
(1998/99 - 2003/04; last updated 20/11/2003)
M I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Batting 37 62 9 910 78 17.16 56.03 0 3

He's from my club Salisbury, but...

is it time to go?

Originally posted by DaveW
You forgot the next two numbers.

The C and the St

They're the most important ones.

Not necessarily....

Caught & stumped are not solely based on skill, but also how many chances the bowlers present the 'keeper with.

Adam Gilchrist averages more catches than just about anyone I can remember.... doesn't make him the best 'keeper.

Nothing at all wrong with Manou's keeping, but SA can just about declare when he comes in to bat.

If being selected solely on glovework then Manou is comfortably the number one gloveman in South Australia. His batting is a concern its an advantage to have a keeper who can bat well but Manou is obvioulsy being selected on his glovework seeing he's been able to hold his place in the side.

Perhaps he could be left out of the ING side for another batsman or an all-rounder and Dietz could take the gloves. Does Dietz even keep for Southern Districts anymore? But then you could argue that a quality keeper is more important in a one-day match keeping up the stumps to the likes of Johnson and Blewett, so the stumping chances can be taken when they are presented.

Darky - I was referring to Manou's keeping skills. I can't understand why everyone is calling for his just because he's not a brilliant batsman.

And kretchy, I'd prefer Manou in the one-dayers. And just because he's a better keeper... Deitz is an absolute tortoise at the crease whilst Manou will either get runs or get out.

Originally posted by roostersgal4eva
Graham scored 63 from 60 balls- six fours + two sixes

now do u think he's hopeless

Never thought he was hopeless, just not up to 1st Class standard. Manou is an eye player, a slogger. Every now and then he will score some runs because that's how he plays, but I wouldn't want to be relying upon him for a score.
He also finds bizaar ways of getting out, like the time he took of for a run and instead of grounding his bat he jumped in the air and was run out. Today he was out hit wicket, and God only knows what shot he was attempting to play.

Based on their batting, Manou should be playing in the 1-dayers (& not Deitz who usually bats at snail's pace). However, Manou's batting is solid enough at Pura Cup level, so Deitz should take the gloves for these games (unless there is someone else out there).

Batted fantastically today against NSW for a run-a-ball 65 odd, until he tried to hook macgill away and trodded on his stumps.

came in at 6-80 odd, and put on a brilliant partnership at over a run a ball to get them to 190 odd.....and getting SA a target they wouldnt have dremt of....246.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back