Harvey today

Remove this Banner Ad

Just spoke to the producer. He said the interview would be on an mp3 download later in the afternoon Perth time.
Apparently there is a Worsfold interview already there from earlier in the week.Grumpies interview

I don't think I caught all of it but a general summary:
  • Harves seemed a little nervous, lots of ums. He's probably media gun shy but he was in safe hands with Geoff Hutchison who is a big Freo fan.
  • Everything was pretty low key, no real build up of expectation except talk of the energy levels the youngsters bring. Harves thinks he is getting better at dealing with the pressure of expectation.
  • The big turnover in players has given some senior players the opportunity to play in other positions. Some of the new guys will also get the chance to play.
  • The Vic clubs are beginning to think the tide has turned and they are in with more of a chance at Subi, so the supporters are needed to rebuild the fortress mentality. Lots of noise and support for our team and getting stuck into the opposition when we can.
  • Keep in mind we have a young team. Obviously this was aimed at the supporters who like to get stuck into their own players if they make a mistake.
  • Harves has about 5 cokes during a game for the caffeine boost. :eek:
There was probably more but my brain isn't a sponge.

Everyone says ums... I say it all the time whenever I speak to someone privately.

Haven't heard the interview but it depends on the level of ums and ah's. Sometimes (especially with politicians) it seems like they um/ah to buy themselves a few seconds to concoct an answer.

84384554.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone says ums... I say it all the time whenever I speak to someone privately.

Mitch Johnson anyone? Starts every sentence with them. "And um 8 for not many at my (newly adopted due to his missus going there but really a queenslander at heart ;)) home ground was a real thrill and um I think the team did really well and um was overall happy with the performance".

Just a habit, not a lot to be read in to it

Do you guys think that Harvey has been negligent (towards our younger players) by giong into the season with a squad that is vulnerable to injury?

If we do sustain some early season injuries alot of younger kids could be thrown into the mix despite being underdone and ill-prepared.

I don't blame Harvey, It's all down to Rick Hart,

Should keep his mouth shut and concentrate on flogging teevee's.

You're on the money as usual, and i reccomend the club shut the doors until the boys are physically stronger. If you and memories could keep an eye on young uns in the gym, and keep us updated on here , be much appreciated. Let's hope round 10 maybe....:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back