Help improve the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Since the bubble burst, the club has made a great effort to make members and supporters feel more inclusive. I remember the first thank you game in 2012 which they made a gurnsey with members names (if you paid for it) on it and the wall at Etihad with every members name thanking them for their support which I thought was great. Never happened during the Lyon years.
Only issue I have is with the videos. I don't know if it is a Telstra thing or if it is because I am overseas but the videos that are on the saints website load at snails pace which is so annoying compared to the saints videos on youtube.

Only issue I have is with the videos. I don't know if it is a Telstra thing or if it is because I am overseas but the videos that are on the saints website load at snails pace which is so annoying compared to the saints videos on youtube.

Have to say, I used to have issues loading media from the AFL site and club sites too, but I haven't had a problem with any of the Saints vids all year.

I believe when we approached the club about this (and we have done so more than once) the reasoning was that they couldn't show favouritism to us - so that meant they would have to commit to a Saintsational presence as well.

We think this is a weak excuse. Someone from the club could spend thirty seconds on each forum just checking what the issues are and in the rare case that something is pertinent then they could get a quick confirmation of the reply and copy and paste an answer to both fora - the commitment would be a few hours a year.

That is such a poor excuse. Bigfooty is easily the biggest AFL fan forum/website around so they could easily justify only providing support here. They'd get the most bang for their buck and it isn't showing favoritism because anyone can come here an ask questions. There's no point in committing to all fan sites because at some point you still have to draw the line between which you do and don't service. Pick the biggest one, have a presence there and people will learn to go there for their questions.

Between here, Facebook and Twitter they would have to have the vast majority of Saints fans covered (those with a digital presence anyway).

With the whole Port Adelaide "Never Tear us Apart ' thing going gangbusters, would it be worth us using the U2 "The Saints are coming" song on gameday or at least in a membership drive for 2015? Would've thought it was a no-brainer but maybe a licensing/$$ issue?

With the whole Port Adelaide "Never Tear us Apart ' thing going gangbusters, would it be worth us using the U2 "The Saints are coming" song on gameday or at least in a membership drive for 2015? Would've thought it was a no-brainer but maybe a licensing/$$ issue?

I wouldn't use it for 2015. every other club would just laugh at us, just like the blues did it a couple of years ago

Good suggestion, but maybe a couple of years early. When we are coming for the charge, a great choice. :thumbsu:

I've thought we could re do "We are the champions" to "We are St Kilda"

We are St Kilda, my friends,
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end.
We are St Kilda,
We are St Kilda
No time for losing
'Cause we are St Kilda Footy club.
As for the rest well........

Tell us about your direct experiences with the club.
How have they responded to you?
What have they done poorly? What have they done well?

What are your concerns and how can we address them?

Is the club internet presence up to par? What do they need to do in order to improve that?

Is the club producing enough positive media to keep us relevant and bring in new supporters?

What do other clubs do well that we do not?
They could go with my uniform suggestion.

stkilda_kits_proposal.png
A partial move to the MCG wouldn't be unwelcome, Etihad has lost a lot of of it's atmosphere pre-game now with new buildings blocking the view of the stadium as you approach, not the clubs fault more the city planners.

There really is nothing like walking towards a the stadium with it in view and lit up before a game.

Good suggestion, but maybe a couple of years early. When we are coming for the charge, a great choice. :thumbsu:
Yeah, you're right....have to remember to call the marketing dept in a couple of years,..2016ish I reckon. Do we have a presence at the St.Kilda Festival? A stall or something like that? It's in February or March from recollection, not a bad time to try and sell some memberships and getting the brand out to 100,000 or so people. Especially if this Junction Oval thing grows legs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, you're right....have to remember to call the marketing dept in a couple of years,..2016ish I reckon. Do we have a presence at the St.Kilda Festival? A stall or something like that? It's in February or March from recollection, not a bad time to try and sell some memberships and getting the brand out to 100,000 or so people. Especially if this Junction Oval thing grows legs.
Something at the StKilda festival would be a very good idea:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:.
Even players handing out a few free 3 game memberships in the crowd as a marketing ploy might work.

Saying "few free three" is a bit of a tongue twister:drunk:

They could go with my uniform suggestion.

View attachment 79834
A partial move to the MCG wouldn't be unwelcome, Etihad has lost a lot of of it's atmosphere pre-game now with new buildings blocking the view of the stadium as you approach, not the clubs fault more the city planners.

There really is nothing like walking towards a the stadium with it in view and lit up before a game.
like your ideas with the playing kits except the red shorts with the clash.
IMO red shorts never look good.
but it would look ok with white shorts

There's supposed to be a presence, but I've been the last few years and haven't seen a thing. Except last year our mascot came second in a dance off...

Something at the StKilda festival would be a very good idea:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:.
Even players handing out a few free 3 game memberships in the crowd as a marketing ploy might work.

Saying "few free three" is a bit of a tongue twister:drunk:

Yes the Saints have stall at StKilda Festival.

Went to a Diamond member function at Linen House recently. Nothing earth shattering but was good to get the long time members together & make them feel a bit "special". Was delivered by the Coach & Matt Finniss with some nice touches & answers to Members questions.
Went to Lenny's last game in Adelaide & found that the Club provided mixed messages, info sadly lacking which was a bit of a disappointment when communication for o/seas games in Wellington was quite good.
Suggest maybe the Club uses the Facebook Sites focussing on interstate games better. The Supporter group in Adelaide was essentially dysfunctional (no one answered calls, one Mobile number was for someone in Sydney nothing to do with St Kilda) & the answer is not to ring the Club as I was advised. The supporter groups have always been fantastic whenever I have gone Interstate to games.
Give the Supporter Groups proper St Kilda Club support & promote Facebook & other avenues better e.g. when I spoke to the club they told me that they didn't know if they would have any tickets available from their allocation YET I get an email from the AFL Anywhere something or other advertising flight, accommodation & "FREE" ticket to the game!
Seems sometimes that the Club wants to organise packages & not let supporters know of availability of other options...surely they know about AFL Anywhere option?
Perfect example is NZ.....I have been both years and cheaper to source my own flights, accom & tickets to the game which is ridiculous.....surely St Kilda should have enough buying power & be able to influence Airlines & Hotels so we don't have to pay over the odds. The first year there would have been 5000 plus saints Supporters....that's a lot of heavy duty bargaining power. Oh, & last but not least whilst I am talking about NZ.....a killing was to be made with EXCLUSIVE 2013 T Shirts/Gear saying I attended the first AFL game overseas ONLY AVAILABLE to people who attended. Have a look how many people bought NZ Scarfs/TShirts/Jumpers especially this year. Everyone...and I mean EVERYONE would have bought that type of gear in 2013 if it was available. We could have started with year ONE (Roman Numerals?) like the Superbowl & sell gear with the year attended as well.....maybe NZ won't last forever but maybe it will but does it matter? Simple but effective & only needed a bit of lateral out of the box thinking I would have thought.
This was a lot longer post than I anticipated but being a passionate Saints Supporter I am sure u guys will forgive me!

I believe we do. as well as Frankston / Mordialloc festival

why does every little comp or whatever require something to be liked on ******* facebook or need a tweet?
shits me to tears

other than that when ive contacted the membership dept they have alwasy pulled thru with tickets for my interstate allocation
and actually helped out someone and her hubby (who was in a wheelchair for 09 grannie due to knee op) get tickets into the GF

and fitted caps
get fitted caps
none of this flat peak trucker looking w***er crap
fitted baseball caps, no cheap crap adjustment strap
FITTED!!!

other than that im all good :cool::)

Well, Saints Locker had apparently despatched an order for me in July, and after attempting to follow up since I had not seen said order, only recently was it revealed that no, an order was not despatched, there was an attempt to contact me roughly 12 days after ordering (which wasn't on my answering machine) so this still isn't a timely service for me I'm afraid.

On the plus side, once it was revealed that s**t didn't happen, they were quick to rectify, but still, that is close to 3 months before and I did have to be refunded one item. This isn't entirely their fault mind you, since my mother died around the time things like this did slip my mind as unimportant, but still, misinformation is poor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back