woods_gun

Debutant
Mar 3, 2008
where ever i want.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
woods
the A grade seems to be out of Mt Lofty, Blackwood, Uraidla and Hahndorf.

Blackwood looks the strongest in B grade

In the 10 team C grade competition Blackwood and Ironbank are the top 2 at this stage.

Mt Barker , Blackwood , Uraidla and Ironbank seem to be the only chances in senior colts

And Blackwood look to be clear favourites in Junior Colts.

So it seems to be a pretty promising year for Blackwood.

P.S Ironbank struggle.

bit bias there champ???

I reckon you are pretty spot on with your assessments though.

apparently harndorf have a few out, i dont reckon they have the depth of the other 3 up there. hard to say as its still early days and theres a few sides up there with a red hot show.

Blackwood are becoming intense there clear on top in: B, Cs, senior colts, juniour colts and are 2nd in A's due to percentage.

Just won a courier cup in 17s this morning and shud realistically take home at least 4 courier cup flags. blackwood are a powerhouse and ironbank do struggle
that is all.

Can anyone share a bit of light on the hills league?
Mate thinking of playing there next year from wbfl and wondering what the standard is like etc.?

Depends where he wants to play and who he was looking at playing for I guess.

Central Division (Div1) is pretty strong with pretty much anyone other than Bridgewater, Birdwood and Lobethal a chance of making the 5, or if you want to believe the constant crap coming outta Lobethal theyll win the flag :rolleyes:. Its a league for the bigger towns of the area. They would all hold there own in the higher Amateur divisions in town

Country Div (Div2) is one for the smaller towns but (and ill no doubt cop flak from any Central Div people), the top 3 sides (Kersbrook, Torrens Valley, Kangarilla) are more than capable of playing finals footy up with the big boys. After that it does drop off a little to the next level, and then completely so to your bottom 3 teams which is sadly where my mob are situated although we have recruited well this year.

Hopefully that helps you out a bit, if theres anything else just ask.

Cheers mate...
Yeh he's been talking to blackwood a fair bit and pretty sure he'll go there..
Played in the western border fl last year, you know it? whats the standard comparison?

Blackwood, yeah he'll go alright I suspect. I do know a tiny little bit about the league down there and id say theyre very similar in standard really so he shouldnt have too much trouble adjusting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back