Hospitality Package email - maybe Scam alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone else get an email from the Hawks as below?

I haven't booked any hospitality packages, the skin of the email looks far too simple to be legit. The club is closed now until the 8th Jan and it seems all emails coming from the hawks are @e.hawthornfc.com.au, not just as below.

If others have received and clicked the link with no lasting issues, let me know.

I've just seen the banking skin scams recently and this didn't pass the eye test.

Screen Shot 2023-12-21 at 2.56.17 pm.png

You're correct to be very skeptical. Why not call the events team? - but don't trust the number in the email, look it up or call the switchboard. You can also right click on the link to reveal the real address - if it looks weird delete the email.

It's more likely that the club has just sent this to you by mistake. How that happened to be, who knows.

I would just forward it to that events email with a short message saying you're not the person who ordered this.

It's more likely that the club has just sent this to you by mistake. How that happened to be, who knows.

I would just forward it to that events email with a short message saying you're not the person who ordered this.
Never use contact details from a message you think is a scam. Always look up the details from a trusted source.

Never use contact details from a message you think is a scam. Always look up the details from a trusted source.
True. But I don't think it's a scam. And the email address I'm suggesting they send it to is the domain the club owns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back