Jakko

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I was sad to find that the gourmet hotdog stands were gone from AAMI last night. Year after year the same people ran the stall at the NE light tower, but no more. It was one of my little traditions of going to the football over the last few years. :)

I guess the sanfl want people to use their new food facilities.

Hotdogs serving hotdogs, now theres a marketing ploy JJ ;)

hotdogs.jpg

I was sad to find that the gourmet hotdog stands were gone from AAMI last night.
Very annoying. `Gourmet' hotdog, then check out the odds a Thornton's Sportsbet. Both gone.

The Hotdog stand under the members stairs opposite the members bar also wasnt there, for the first time since I can remember.

So yeah, no more hotdogs at footy park i guess.

Please tell me it isn't so!!!

I normally head to the Gourmet Hotdog/Steak Sandwich van at the southern end, near the entry to the members area but missed the opportunity last night due to my guest being a 'puffer' so had to spend the breaks out of the ground.

Why, why why would they remove the BEST food available at the ground when this is one of the most contentious issues with AAMI. I had a bucket of hot chips that tasted like they were cooked last season.

I think I'm going to start packing a backpack with proper food and drink but they'll probably start banning that practice too.

Whatever you do, don't have the AAMI ones like I did.

I am pretty confident it was made from Newspaper.

Except Newspapers dont cost $4.50.

Hows this, to get food for myself, a mate, and my niece ... $40. I nearly slapped the poor 13 yr old girl who served me.

I think I'm going to start packing a backpack with proper food and drink
Same. I haven't checked, but I'm guessing last night was the only game we have after a working day, so it'll be viable.

To the SANFL, `gourmet' means `digestable'.

The Gourmet Hotdogs were great but now I prefer to head over to the Outer Army BBQ and enjoy a snag with good friends and fellow passionate Power supporters before heading in for the game.

The Hotdog stand under the members stairs opposite the members bar also wasnt there, for the first time since I can remember.

So yeah, no more hotdogs at footy park i guess.

I could not beleive it when I walked in a it wasn't there, instead I tried one form the Kiosk which was heated in the microwave and was the worst hot dog I have ever had. SANFL get it wrong yet again.

The Gourmet Hotdogs were great but now I prefer to head over to the Outer Army BBQ and enjoy a snag with good friends and fellow passionate Power supporters before heading in for the game.

I think we walked past them if they were with an attractive young girl in a red skirt holding a coffee (i think it was) shop sign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we walked past them if they were with an attractive young girl in a red skirt holding a coffee (i think it was) shop sign.

Yep that was us.. The young girl holding up the sign was from the Perfect Cup.. They are the round 1 game day sponsors for the Outer Army.. She was handing out samples of coffee and vouchers for the cafe.

You cant miss the bbq. The fantastic new trailer that the OA have worked so hard in getting for the game day bbqs proudly displays the OA flags and will soon be painted up and have sponsors signs on the trailer.

If you are attending a home game, why not swing past the bbq and have a snag or two.. Its only a small donation, much better than paying the ridiculous prices for food asked by the SANFL..

A couple of questions if I may.

How much is it for car parking now, and where exactly is the outer army BBQ located?

With the extra financial strain on families these days (food, petrol, int. rates) how does the SANFL expect people to be able to afford their food. $40 bucks for 3 people to get a feed is offensive for mad, passionate footy fans who want to go to as many games as possible, and then have to baulk because of the prices.

Does the SANFL really care for it's patrons, or is it only going to raise prices to maintain it's profit margin. This has the potential to further erode our gameday crowds, and the SANFL needs to realise this, and if they already know this, then it is nothing more than a blatant money grabbing exercise.

Less crowds mean less food consumption. The SANFL needs to show empathy for all the footy fans want to continue to go to the footy, but are finding it increasingly difficult to justify the cost for their entertainment.

Take heed SANFL!

$4.80 for a handful of greasy soggy chips cooked in fat that must have been months old. Plus a very small cup of beer in a members bar for $4.50. It was like a mouthful of beer. That was the second bar we went to at half time because the first had one 18yo serving and at least 30 waiting to be served! Plus we couldn't sit upstairs because it's practically all reserved seating now. Lots to complain about after Thursday night.

Yep Outer Army bbq is on Max Basheer Reserve before every Port home game, can't miss it with the new trailer there. Friendly atmosphere and everyone is welcome. Small donation is asked just to cover the cost of food and materials. I head there every game, spend next to nothing getting my fill then I don't need to waste time in line ups inside the ground buying overpriced rubbish food.

Yep that was us.. The young girl holding up the sign was from the Perfect Cup.. They are the round 1 game day sponsors for the Outer Army.. She was handing out samples of coffee and vouchers for the cafe.

You cant miss the bbq. The fantastic new trailer that the OA have worked so hard in getting for the game day bbqs proudly displays the OA flags and will soon be painted up and have sponsors signs on the trailer.

If you are attending a home game, why not swing past the bbq and have a snag or two.. Its only a small donation, much better than paying the ridiculous prices for food asked by the SANFL..

Sounds like a good idea, all i have to do is convince my girlfriend (yeah, she wears the pants in our relationship) :eek: :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back