Sport Howie's World Cup Extravaganza!

Remove this Banner Ad

yikes! pressure applied

i'm trying to make it that anyone who nails the winner cant be beaten by anyone who compiles lots of points along the way but misses the winner...

tough balancing act.
You could increase the value of nailing the winner from 50 to something larger if you want, like 150 or 200?

I'll do my predictions later - I find this stuff interesting.

Last edited:
anyone's welcome to have a crack, see who rules our roost.

just quietly I nailed both finalists and the winner in south africa - pedigree!

traditionally the euros perform well in the euro held world cups, where the sth American's turn to water, and vice versa, something to think about...

damn that iron curtain!
It's the most skin of the teeth ever, but yeah Yekaterinburg is just in Asian Russia by virtue of being east of the Urals.

It would have been cool to have games in Vladivostok, but I guess the 9-10 hour flight from Saint Petersburg and Moscow made it impractical.

It's the most skin of the teeth ever, but yeah Yekaterinburg is just in Asian Russia by virtue of being east of the Urals.

It would have been cool to have games in Vladivostok, but I guess the 9-10 hour flight from Saint Petersburg and Moscow made it impractical.

I reckon that's a barrier to us having a joint world cup bid with say NZ or even anyone to the north

its perfect in those well connected places in Europe, in Germany no game was more than a few hours train ride away. Easy for fans to follow teams.

I struggled a little in South Africa but again was able to get to all 3 games on a mixture of bus and train.

Could you imagine trying to follow a team say from Perth then Brisbane then Auckland? be nigh on impossible without spending a fortune. must be the same with all the east Russian places - just too hard.

Eh, I dunno. I mean you wouldn’t schedule a team to have a game in Perth then Auckland or Christchurch straight after, but I reckon that’s less insurmountable than Russia’s situation.

MY TIPS.jpg

thoughts - I don't trust France mentality. Belgium have the squad to go far but have a poor manager...there is always a bolter but I cant quite nail who this time, I got a slight feeling on it being Croatia.

I can see England going down to Germany on pens. Russia are bog average but home tournament advantage squeaks them through over Egypt possible sans their talisman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back