moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
I know none of you guys care much :D , but it pleases me to put this on record. Last season we posted fewer tries than the relegated team, and this season our back three alone have scored 73 tries in 27 games, with 1st, 3rd, and joint 5th on the list of top try-scorers. And we won the Challenge Cup. And we are still in with a great chance for the Grand Final. Another thing that struck me a while back, one of our referees, Robert Hicks, had some milestone, maybe 200 games, I don't remember, and at the end of the game, Tommy Leuluai presented him at a signed, framed photo, and the coaching staff came out to shake his hand, and Hicks clearly had no idea about it, and was visibly touched. Makes me think the club is run by good people, as does our coach's honest and fair-minded responses to post-match interviews..

In even better news, the club has announced that we have retained Bevan French for another two seasons minimum, despite talk that he was 'definitely' going to Newcastle. So we have our super strike force of French and Jai Field for another two seasons. 31 tries in 24 appearances this season for Bevan, that is some record however you slice it. This is good news for Wigan, and, frankly, good news for Superleague as well. We cannot afford to keep losing our best players to the NRL (even if they are Aussies!).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back