Iron Mike Comeback in 2010?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know who would be worse to watch, Tyson or Holyfield, let alone against each other.

They should at least treat this like the joke it is and have it as part of a UFC or WWE fight night.

I don't know who would be worse to watch, Tyson or Holyfield, let alone against each other.

They should at least treat this like the joke it is and have it as part of a UFC or WWE fight night.

The UFC is thriving mate, not sure why you are referring to it as a joke. The current state of most boxing divisions is the joke.

Iron Mike was very overrated in his day. Beat **** all. Lost against the decent boxers.

lost against some boxers when he was 10 or so years after his prime.

Lennox, Holyfield, Williams, Mcbride are not decent boxers, the boxing equivalent of players such as Jason Laycock, Wade Skipper, Jordan Mcmahon and Leigh Brown.

If any of them fought tyson from 86-89 they would have got one hit sitters like everyone else.

My guess is you are angry he raped someone and like every PC scrub out there, you are trying hard to get pus by sucking up and fit in at the same time.

lost against some boxers when he was 10 or so years after his prime.

Lennox, Holyfield, Williams, Mcbride are not decent boxers, the boxing equivalent of players such as Jason Laycock, Wade Skipper, Jordan Mcmahon and Leigh Brown.

If any of them fought tyson from 86-89 they would have got one hit sitters like everyone else.

My guess is you are angry he raped someone and like every PC scrub out there, you are trying hard to get pus by sucking up and fit in at the same time.

So he did he beat in his prime? Which boxers that he defeated in his 'prime' would you consider decent? Which ones were better than Lennox or Holyfield?

My opinion has nothing to do with his crimes.

So he did he beat in his prime? Which boxers that he defeated in his 'prime' would you consider decent? Which ones were better than Lennox or Holyfield?

My opinion has nothing to do with his crimes.

All sports particularly boxing are littered with legends that went on too long, having their legacy shattered by losing to inferior opponents late in their careers.

A boxer can only beat who is put in front of them, and as a 19-20 year old, he beat all before him with a ferocity never seen before. His fights with Trevor Berbick and Michael Spinks will stay with me forever. It can be debated forever whether he deserves to stand along side Ali and other great heavyweights, but I dont think any rational boxing fan can use his later fights as a way of diminishing the legacy he created legacy. Would anyone do the same of Ali?

All sports particularly boxing are littered with legends that went on too long, having their legacy shattered by losing to inferior opponents late in their careers.

A boxer can only beat who is put in front of them, and as a 19-20 year old, he beat all before him with a ferocity never seen before. His fights with Trevor Berbick and Michael Spinks will stay with me forever. It can be debated forever whether he deserves to stand along side Ali and other great heavyweights, but I dont think any rational boxing fan can use his later fights as a way of diminishing the legacy he created legacy. Would anyone do the same of Ali?

My argument is based on his early fights.

My argument is based on his early fights.

I mentioned 2 of his very best early fights. Give some examples of what your arguement is based on.

The way I see it your arguement seems to belittle Tysons achievements as he didnt beat any legends. Pretty hard for him to do if there were none to fight at the time.

Its like having a go at saying Tony Lockett is not the best full forward of all time because of his failed come back....

He beat nobody, just hand picked bums. Holmes was way past it and Spinks was on his way out. When he did fight someone half decent (Buster Douglas) he copped a beating. How the hell could that be considered a legacy, let alone ranked by some as one of the all time greats?

Foreman came back in his 40s and probably did better than Tyson's "comeback" in which Tyson was <30.

He beat nobody, just hand picked bums. Holmes was way past it and Spinks was on his way out. When he did fight someone half decent (Buster Douglas) he copped a beating. How the hell could that be considered a legacy, let alone ranked by some as one of the all time greats?

Foreman came back in his 40s and probably did better than Tyson's "comeback" in which Tyson was <30.

geez i should take up boxing, and enlist don king to cherry pick my way to undisputed heavyweight champion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

geez i should take up boxing, and enlist don king to cherry pick my way to undisputed heavyweight champion.

Hey I'm not saying he wasn't good, just he wasn't/isn't one of the greats.

thats not my point, you cant cherry pick your way out of title fights and on top of that he was blowing up opponents in 3 minutes.

fwiw tyson at his peak > any past/present/future boxer.

Just be content you have been blessed by the light of Mike old man, for heavyweight boxing died with his downfall not because of his fall from grace but the boxing world will never replicate such a mind blowing fighter like him ever again.

thats not my point, you cant cherry pick your way out of title fights and on top of that he was blowing up opponents in 3 minutes.

fwiw tyson at his peak > any past/present/future boxer.

Just be content you have been blessed by the light of Mike old man, for heavyweight boxing died with his downfall not because of his fall from grace but the boxing world will never replicate such a mind blowing fighter like him ever again.

Wow. That really says a lot.

The UFC is thriving mate, not sure why you are referring to it as a joke. The current state of most boxing divisions is the joke.

Wasn't referring to the UFC as a joke, was more referring to the fact that if Mike wants to return, he should only do so as a "promo" or sideshow to a UFC or WWE event, he isn't going to get sanctioned by any US boxing authority, more then likely anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back