Speculation Jedd Busslinger

Remove this Banner Ad

2nd this year or next makes sense to me and a pretty easy trade to get done. Still close to his draft so value retained with issues keeping him of the park. Assuming it goes ahead, perfect pick-up for a rebuilding side - cheapish, young and talented but needing opportunity

Agree snuff.

Preference for Weat Coast would be F2, preference for WB would be this years.

I never said North were smart or Eagles/North would not be taking a risk given his injuyr history etc

Im just saying they clearly will and thats why he will leave.

Both clubs can easily afford the risk when its all said and done so even if we Dr Nick it, neither clubs losing a hell of alot in comparison to what the reward of the risk can be

There’s two seperate arguments happening here with you:

1) taking a risk to trade for him.

2) him getting selected in the seniors right now.

Its got nothing to do with risk. He’s not getting a senior game yet because his form isn’t warranted and is only just getting into the swing of things in the reserves. A good club picks players on form. If you disagree with that last point, then I feel sorry for your club.

Throwing him to the wolves when he’s not match fit, or even in good enough form, would be beyond stupid. Good luck with that sales technique though 😂

Last edited:

Would be career suicide for a developing tall to go too a struggling Roos outfit. Ball living in the back half and not ready yet to scrag for a whole match. Last place I would advise him to go if I were his manager
Just look at the young key defenders (using that term loosely) at North now, they are getting slaughtered. Avoid, avoid avoid.

A few things. Clearly Tanner didn’t look thrilled on draft night, but I don’t know what GWS knew and didn’t know or if Bruhn had made it known he didn’t want to go, or even if it’s true he didn’t want to go.

Second GWS used pick 12, for pick 18 back two years later. Despite Tanner having played a handful a games.

There’s an indication of what Busslingers value is.

Drafting players is also fundamentally different to taking a player in the PSD who is in the PSD due to a failed trade.

They’re not comparable situations.
Watching Tanner for 18 months now I honestly don't know if he was disappointed or not.

He just seems to be a really serious operator, and doesn't tend to show much emotion, especially in interviews.

It looked bad at the time, but his behaviour would suggest that that's just who he is IMO.

Just look at the young key defenders (using that term loosely) at North now, they are getting slaughtered. Avoid, avoid avoid.

If the AFL wants to assist North further give them 3 extra rookie spots and salary cap to cover them drafting the best 3 mature talents in this MSD.

They can preselect if necessary but they need to be mature and physically ready to play soon if not straight away. No 18 year old kids who will take 3 years to impact. They can retain one MSD pick to use on a young player.

If the AFL wants to assist North further give them 3 extra rookie spots and salary cap to cover them drafting the best 3 mature talents in this MSD.

They can preselect if necessary but they need to be mature and physically ready to play soon if not straight away. No 18 year old kids who will take 3 years to impact. They can retain one MSD pick to use on a young player.
Would these picks be after all of the other selections?

Would these picks be after all of the other selections?

Well their natural MSD pick would be pick 1 anyway.

I would let them preselect two othwrs before other clubs but with the two assistance MSD picks players are over 21 aka mature talent who can impact immediately.

That won't affect any other teams who are looking at players under 21.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back