Traded Jpod to Adelaide, 2 year deal

Remove this Banner Ad

With injuries to Walker and Jenkins I would see him playing a fair bit next year and then taking on a role in the fitness dept after that. Apparently is well qualified in that area, so I think it is a good appointment. Remember too, that he has not had a long career in AFL despite his age, so his body isn't that of the standard 32 year old AFL player who has been in the system for 12+ years. Could easily have 2 years in him.

Good get. Shocked why Carlton didn't make a play for him.

Good get. Shocked why Carlton didn't make a play for him.

You must be thrilled that your club has secured Podsiadly.

Wait a second..................:rolleyes:

Carlton were interested in Podsiadly but Adelaide came over the top with the better offer. I know you therefore equate this to being a Carlton failure, but you've never really been a fan of the truth.

They did but were not keen on a 2 year deal for a 31yo, Adelaide were so they got him

Has kicked 169 goals in his last 4 years.

Even at 31, he is a class above Waite (30), Rowe & Casboult.

Offering him a 2 year deal at 31 is not as bad as offering the chronically injured Waite a 3 year deal at 29.

Offering him a 2 year deal at 31 is not as bad as offering the chronically injured Waite a 3 year deal at 29.

Isn't it a 1 plus option?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all know you hate Carlton but J Pod is not a class above Waite.

In 2013 Waite kicked 27 goals in 14 games compared to J Pod's 33 goals from 23 games.

Waite also played in defense during the season as well.

J Pod is less injury prone than Waite but is definitely not a class above.

We all know you hate Carlton but J Pod is not a class above Waite.

In 2013 Waite kicked 27 goals in 14 games compared to J Pod's 33 goals from 23 games.

Waite also played in defense during the season as well.

J Pod is less injury prone than Waite but is definitely not a class above.

Never been a huge Waite fan but * me he tore us a new one this year.

What might have been with a bit of durability eh

Yeah it's a move from 1974 back to about 1957

Not unlike the timezone you're in out penrif?

Good to see a GWS fan put the boots in, but i suppose that's how them foothills role. :thumbsu:

And half a brain. Whenever he's not getting injured he seems to be getting suspended for silly snaps.

That too.. While not in the class of "What could have been? miracle talent", I think injuries & the occasional brain snap have robbed him of what could have been a very good Carlton career.

I'm not so sure about Waite. His reputation around the league seems to get bigger when he's not playing.

That's a bit of a furphy, he has been suspended once in 3 years for a minor headbutt which cost him 1 week.

In round six against Melbourne at the MCG – Waite's first game for the season after missing the opening rounds with a calf injury – he head-butted Melbourne defender Tom McDonald and received a one-match suspension, along with 87.5 carryover points.

It was his fifth guilty verdict in as many years, with suspensions tallying eight matches.
With suspensions and injuries combined, Waite has appeared in just 40 of Carlton's past 90 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back