Team Mgmt. Laverde, Langford or Fantasia

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Langford has the most potential which is crazy when you consider that Laverde has all the attributes to be a Fyfesque midfielder.

Last edited:

Seems like most on here agree that Laverde will be a really good player and that Fantasia will be a good player without necessarily being a star.

The one that is dividing opinion is Langford with a few questioning whether he will actually make it (myself included) and others thinking he could be a star of the comp. I think we will have a much better idea about Langford by the end of next year. This year he was one of the youngest players on any AFL list but by the end of next year we will really see the shape of his development curve and which way he's trending. If he's a regular best 22 player by the end of the year (or close to it) then i'll be more than happy to put my hand up and say i got that one wrong.

Looks a lot more solid and trim.

20151109_Langford_H.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel Langford just gets it, He to me is the most professional kid we have drafted for a long time, I just get the sense he's always switched on and will do anything and everything to become the best possible player he can. I remember Dodoro talking about his attitude and view of what he wanted to achieve and was impressed.

I'm excited for all these players, We have a fantastic batch of kids under 22, If we can provide a stable environment going forward for these guys to develop as best they can I feel we could be dealing with our 17th premiership core group add picks 4,5,24,25 and who knows, I don't think I could have said that realistically this last decade.

Langford has the tools to be the best of the three. He is obviously still getting used to the speed and pressure of the AFL but at VFL level you can see that in time he will be a player. He is a smart player with good awareness and instincts in traffic and one who picks the best option. As he gets more strength and experience he will develop into a very good footballer who is very hard to match up on.

Laverde also looks a likely type but I think the upside of Langers is greater. Fantasia could be a master stroke or a flop. Has some nice attributes but I'm not sold on him, especially as a forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back