Random Let us talk and bitch about PSOs!

Remove this Banner Ad

At the end of the day it was a bad way to restrain her. No one is arguing she shouldn't have been restrained, but he is bigger than her and he is a bloke, he should be able to restrain her in a much more professional and appropriate way.

I think the bit about women being afraid to catch public transport because of PSOs is a step too far in terms of hyperbole.

I mean, most women go just fine, and it's not like females en masse are going to stop catching PT because of them.

It's the Sarah MacDiarmid style incidents which will have a much more commensurate and noticeable effect on patronage levels, especially at night.

I think the bit about women being afraid to catch public transport because of PSOs is a step too far in terms of hyperbole.

I mean, most women go just fine, and it's not like females en masse are going to stop catching PT because of them.

It's the Sarah MacDiarmid style incidents which will have a much more commensurate and noticeable effect on patronage levels, especially at night.

This whole story has been full of hyperbole, but I still think the inspector went too far...

This whole story has been full of hyperbole, but I still think the inspector went too far...
On the information available, I suspect he did too.

However, if people did the right thing in the first place, then we wouldn't be sitting here talking about this. Not saying that makes using excessive force okay, by any means. But it cuts both ways.

On the information available, I suspect he did too.

However, if people did the right thing in the first place, then we wouldn't be sitting here talking about this. Not saying that makes using excessive force okay, by any means. But it cuts both ways.

Yeah, there is an argument about how she got herself into that situation, but I have kept that argument separate in my discussions because that is a different matter really.

Certainly though, it cannot be denied that the force she used versus the force he used is very very different.

Not to pull the whole "I'm a woman" card.. but I can personally assure you that I know of at least 14 females that have stopped using people transport because of PSO's... and that is from a very very small sample size...

I don't think you should be so quick to dismiss this events.. it is definitely one of the big reasons we have a very high number of cars on the road vs PT..

And don't get me started on Taxi's...

id be more inclined to say women dont take public transport because of the smell of piss and night time rapists and general junkies sipping on 1$ frozen cokes from hungry jacks... the pso are the good guys:p the authorised officers are the bouncers anyway

lzU9RE4.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back