Liverpool vs Valencia Champions league

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Fansquad
It is a travesty of the highest order that ESPN are not showing this game live! what a ****in joke.

What games are ESPN showing then??

I would have thought Liverpool vs Valencia would have been one of the bigger match-ups in the first stage and am surprised that it's not being shown live. Thank goodness the game will be on SBS... may have to delay votes until Thursday night by the looks.

Go Reds!!
SeinDude

They're not showing any game up in the NW here. I checked and I have a choice of Monster Truck, Cheerleading or Bass fishing. I guess Football isn't as important here....YET...!!!

Found this for a bit of fun on the LFC site.
One striker is feeling particularly confident ahead of Wednesday night's big match between Liverpool and Valencia. In fact, he's so confident he's PROMISED he will score. But who is he?

Step forward Jon Carew. The Norwegian striker is so confident of his own ability that he's already decided he's going to score on Wednesday night.

"Owen is one of the best strikers in the game but you can forget him on Wednesday," boasted Carew. "The star will be me. I promise I will score."

Had to make the first post worth while...!!!
:rolleyes:

Liverpool - 0

Valencia - 1

Francisco Rufete (34)

A disappointing result for us but all is not lost. The Spartak Moscow vs Basle game has been postponed until 6th of November and if the Russian team can get something from the game, a draw against Basle in our final game will be enough to qualify for the next stage. If Basle beat Spartak Moscow, we'll need to beat Basle to qualify.

Anyway, the replay will be on SBS tonight at 10pm.

Please post Liverpool votes below...

Go Reds!!
SeinDude

Originally posted by King Crow
What a surprise, another dull, boring scoreless performance by Liverpool.

Its a bit harder when you play real teams huh?

Another dejected Manchester United supporter?

We lost to one of the best teams in europe by a deflected shot, sometimes things don't go your way. As Arsenal have found out in the last 9 days with 4 defeats.

Valencia are still the only team to have beaten us all year - they are a brilliant side. Good to see all the ABL posters come out in force, the fear is still there.

Anyway - my votes after watching it last night.

5 - Traore (superb game)
4 - Hamann
3 - Diao (wanted to give him 4 but he faded a bit)
2 - Heskey (why was he taken off? Thought he was playing well)
1 - Carragher (because most attacks came down the other side)

Gerrard and Murphy struggled a bit, I really think Houllier should have kept Heskey on as he was holding the ball up well, and brought Cheyrou on much earlier.

Oh well, a lot of work to do now.

Full credit to Valencia for the way they played... absolutely fantastic control and passing throughout the match and deserved to win.

For Liverpool, very unlicky to conceed a deflected goal which Jerzey Dudek could do absolutely nothing about but sometimes things don't go your way and you just have to deal with it. I thought we tried hard but just couldn't get the equalising goal.

MY VOTES:

5. Djimi Traore - fantastic game!
4. Salif Diao
3. Emile Heskey
2. Dietmar Hamman
1. Jerzey Dudek - could do nothing about the goal :(

Go Reds!!
SeinDude

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Fansquad
lol..i found your comment about playing minnows interesting since you are in a cup (UEFA cup) that caters for the minnows of europe.

Fansquad,

Don't forget that we were happy to win the UEFA Cup in 2001 mate!! ;)

Go Reds!!
SeinDude

Originally posted by Catman
Thanks Seindude, you said it all for me. :D

Catman,

Well I for one was very happy when we won the UEFA Cup, FA Cup and League Cup in the 2001 season and therefore wont put down winning any of these competitions. Winning anything is extremely difficult and shouldn't be taken for granted, especially when you look at the teams we overcame in those competitions.... the likes of AS Roma and Barcelona in the UEFA Cup and Arsenal in the FA Cup. Sure, it's not the European Cup or Premiership Title, but it was still a fantastic achievement.

Go Reds!!
SeinDude

Sorry for my lateness. Didn't get a chance to see the game, had to rely on reports. We weren't flash, i know that for sure. Valencia outplayed us.

5. Traore
4. Diao
3. Hamman
2. Heskey
1. Carragher

Remove this Banner Ad

Back