PC Manor Lords - Early Access

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Who else has been giving this a go? It's on Game Pass if you were unsure. After spending way longer than I probably should have designing my first emblem I had a few starts to get a feel for the early game. Despite a lot of bugs due to the nature of an early access indie game this complex I really like it. Every time I start I do something I wish I did differently and do that the next time.

Given the German theme of the game, once I saw this portrait I thought the name just wrote itself (coat of arms self explanatory for role play).

Screenshot 2024-04-28 220623.png

I sunk about 10 hours in over the weekend. Two separate settlements after my first one winded up being razed to the ground by raiders.

The level of detail is phenomenal. Mouse wheeling all the way into town and each blade of grass moving differently and every burgage plot and house look different.

Absolutely loving it. I will say i wish multiplayer was on the roadmap. But I don't believe it is.

Edit to add: I also spent way too long on my coat of arms. I reckon my first one I re did 4 times and took 20-30mins haha

Last edited:

IMO the bandit and opponent AI needs heaps of work still so I turned them off and have just been playing it as a super chill city builder. With how much he is set to make from this launch I wonder if he'll employ some more help to fast track the development.

Given you create your own avatar and emblem I also wonder how far he plans of taking the simulation, if there are some lite Crusader Kings features planned?

I've been slowly trying to work out this damn game but it's taking a while, I think I'm getting there now but still just mucking around in the first mode without AI players.

I've been slowly trying to work out this damn game but it's taking a while, I think I'm getting there now but still just mucking around in the first mode without AI players.

That's sort of where it is at the moment I think. At the end of the day it's still early access so some features aren't that well fleshed out yet. I don't see the point of bandits or opposing AI at the moment. The off screen AI is way too OP unless you progress in a particular way, and the bandits can steal your resources from anywhere on the map without setting foot in your town. Not to mention the combat is still a bit simplistic. All of these things will be developed further but the actual city building simulation is brilliant so I've just been playing it chill that way and I guess it will help me later one when I turn the AI back on.

That's sort of where it is at the moment I think. At the end of the day it's still early access so some features aren't that well fleshed out yet. I don't see the point of bandits or opposing AI at the moment. The off screen AI is way too OP unless you progress in a particular way, and the bandits can steal your resources from anywhere on the map without setting foot in your town. Not to mention the combat is still a bit simplistic. All of these things will be developed further but the actual city building simulation is brilliant so I've just been playing it chill that way and I guess it will help me later one when I turn the AI back on.
I like the bandits for some easy regional wealth to kick start some burgage add ons. What I can't deal with is the ******* second year raiders. I've been murdered by them 3 play throughs now, even though my last one I specifically got early iron so I could make sure I was equipped.

Definitely some balancing issues but damn it make up for with beauty.

Looks really good. I'm jelly I can't play it though

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Signed back up to Gamepass PC to play this and I can see what you mean about the AI opponent being pretty OP dwwaino

Have played one game so far - got to the point of the first main bandit attack which I probably could have beaten if it weren't for the opponent spawning basically on top of them, but then when I tried to challenge Hildebrand (or wtf his name is) on his next claim, he shows up with 5 full brigades of fighters and I don't even have two...

I think next time I'm going to need to pay more attention to the 'world map' and try to snipe bandit camps that the opponent is fighting. Sure it's cheesy, but that seems like the most viable way of being able to afford mercs to fill out your army

Remove this Banner Ad

Back