NICK THE PIE MAN

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2000
Gold Coast, QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox (MLB)
I was watching NSW/Highlanders and was throughly impressed with Mat Rogers, his skill to find the gaps and his great awareness sets him apart.

I think that he would definatly be pushing for selection for the 2003 World Cup squad.

Your views?

He is certainly better than than Wendell Sailor, the other "high-profile" league convert. Rogers is brilliant, but I need to see some more from him to stop me from thinking that he will be a one-season wonder. You wouldn't be liking him cause he went to our school would you Nick?

P.S When Roff returns, would he be pushed out by Rogers?

Rogers has found his feet quicker because he played Rugby as a schoolboy, I think he was a high-standard school-age rep. Wendell's hardly played the game before and will take a bit of time to adapt and find his feet in the game.

I think Rogers is a good chance for the Wallaby selection, if not for the run on side then most definatly on the benh as an impact player. I'm not sure about the kicking duties, I think in the Wallabys they use just about the whole team anyway (think Stirling Mortlock, John Eals) so yeah he will have a fair chance at getting a shot at the posts.

I find this thread funny because i was watching the game on Saturday night and said the exact same thing to my father.

That Matt should be in consideration, and Sailor had done very little, even though there were a few out there that thought Sailor would almost be a walk up start for the Wallabies.

Originally posted by -PC28-
I find this thread funny because i was watching the game on Saturday night and said the exact same thing to my father.

That Matt should be in consideration, and Sailor had done very little, even though there were a few out there that thought Sailor would almost be a walk up start for the Wallabies.

I think most people had their money on Sailor because of his size and his posision (wing) thus the obvious clash between himself and Lomu ( I was looking forward to it myself). I think if the big man gets in it will be a clash worth watching, but at the moment I would put my money on Rogers.

Re: Rogers is a natural......

Originally posted by Ms.Storm
And he will just keep on improving..no doubt!

Give Wendell some time...Union is still a little strange for him!

Learning proper backing up and support play is probably hard to get used to for Sailoras League requires less support play from the wingers. By the end of the Super 12 season he should have it all down fine, and will be kicking ass no doubt.

Originally posted by NICK THE PIE MAN
I was watching NSW/Highlanders and was throughly impressed with Mat Rogers, his skill to find the gaps and his great awareness sets him apart.

I think that he would definatly be pushing for selection for the 2003 World Cup squad.

Your views?

Is it any coincidence that he played League at the Cronulla Sharks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back