Speculation Mattaes Phillipou

Remove this Banner Ad

Is he the right player for the Crows? He's really not that good and can seeing being like Cam Rayner. Has all the attributes but no footy IQ

"Really not very good" a bit unfair.

I have my doubts about Mattaes but he's still very young - 19 with a December birthday. Has a lot of development to come.

Adelaide needs more talent across the park IMO. Absolutely they should be keen on him if there's a chance he wants to return to SA, which there may well be.

We're not talking about a 25 year old here. He was a top 10 pick just 2 drafts ago.

Kid has a huge ego.

Reckon he would have his agent talking to the massive clubs so he can play in front of the big crowds.

Rumours of him being pissed at Essendon and approaching Dodo on draft night after they went with Tsatas instead of him.
Sounds like a certified w***er and fits perfectly with a Ross Lyon St Kilda team to me. Goddard version 2.0.

We've got cash to spare so should be throwing it at SA boys like Phillipou. Got to spend it somewhere
You assume he wants to come home just because he's an SA boy?
Yeah you got Dawson and Rankine (who were drafted to non football states) but personally as a 20 year old I'd much rather be in Melbourne than Adelaide (and I'm from Adelaide).

I could certainly be wrong and hope I am but I just get the feeling that he might be one of those players that has all the attributes of star but we’re always waiting for him to reach that potential.

I’m aware he’s only played 30 odd games, it’s more a prediction. He hasn’t really had any standout performances so far.
The one thing I would say to this is that he has really only played one half game as a proper midfielder and that was rd 1 this year against Geelong.

For the vast majority of his career he has been olaying at half forward which is one of the hardest positions to play and also one where layers will not typically be getting lots of the ball. It is why it is better tolook for individual instances of 'ability' the weekeend was perhaps his best game and I don't think he would've attended one centre bounce.

6 tackles and 4 clearances for somenone who was not really playing in the midfield. I think he'll have one game where he puts it all together and it will click.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can have him for a bag of twisties and a can of coke.

I’d offer him good coin to get midfield mins now

Instead of rotting at hff

He's not a mid. Otherwise they'd play him there.

Average tank and doesn't find enough footy. Runs a nice 2km in November but you'll never see him cover that ground in a game.

Weapons are best used within 70m of goal. Those players never look good in s**t sides.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back