Matthew James ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, i agree, but I think he's still paying the price for his 'supposed' misdemeanour earlier this year.

From memory he was suspended for staying out past his bedtime.

It's unfortunate because I think he is far and away the best umpire in the competition.

Nope, bad behaviour was last year. Had a really bad year injury wise, did his first game in round 7 and then got injuried again in the adelaide game. only did about 12 games so didn't make the panel.

One of the better ones going around.

Probably had a falling out with the "Giesch" due to the off field issues mentioned.

It's a shame because he's 1 umpire who the players actually respect because of his communication skills (compared to Goldspink and Chamberlain).

He only got his 4km time trial the other week.

He has done two games in 2008.

W Bull v WCE and Melb v Freo.

He tends to over umpire games and hence has not been considered for finals since 2004.

He only got his 4km time trial the other week.

He has done two games in 2008.

W Bull v WCE and Melb v Freo.

He tends to over umpire games and hence has not been considered for finals since 2004.

Over umpire???

The best umpire clearly out of the lot of them and the only one with any ability to get along with players. Has total respect of the football community and better than all of that is a Western Region Football League product! (Had to throw that one in :))

Jamesy is a long way in front of the other but has had a bad run with injuries and other silly misdemeanours. Look for a big comeback either this year or next.

Over umpire???

The best umpire clearly out of the lot of them and the only one with any ability to get along with players. Has total respect of the football community and better than all of that is a Western Region Football League product! (Had to throw that one in :))

Jamesy is a long way in front of the other but has had a bad run with injuries and other silly misdemeanours. Look for a big comeback either this year or next.

Agree, look forward to him getting back into the action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly the best AFL Umpire in the business...knows the rules, pays the frees, and when it comes to the interpretations, he is the best in the business at decision making.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back