Other NCAA 13 - Rewind to 2001

Remove this Banner Ad

I've decided to reset all conferences to what they were in the 2001 season (the first season with the conferences which existed in 2012) to the rules of the conference back then (MAC Championship is to be played at highest ranked team rather than in Detroit, Big XII Championship in Dallas etc.)

Only differences is FIU, Western Kentucky, FAU, UMass, Texas State and UTSA are independants (rather than FCS/non-existant as they were back then)

I will be playing as Boise State, creating my out of conference games.
But I will not be playing regular season games, just the bowl games. I will be simming the regular season games, the only thing I will be doing week to week is recruiting.

So, for Boise State. Our 2012 schedule is (* = OOC)
Week 1 - Oregon State*
Week 2 - BYU*
Week 3 - @ Boston College*
Week 4 - idle
Week 5 - @ UTEP
Week 6 - @ Rice
Week 7 - vs Fresno State
Week 8 - @ SMU
Week 9 - @ San Jose State
Week 10 - Louisiana Tech
Week 11 - Hawaii
Week 12 - idle
Week 13 - Nevada
Week 14 - @ Tulsa

I will also redshirt everyone when I can, and I will only recruit players to replace those graduating. Then in the off-season recruiting I will also recruit for anybody who transfered or declared for the NFL Draft.

I will also keep a track of teams across the whole country and do conference re-allignment here and there. Who knows. If the Big XII becomes the powerhouse conference, I might have SEC schools bail on the SEC for the Big XII :p

We'll see when the time comes.

But for now, time to do the regular season

With a fair chunk of my players including multiple starters being red shirted and sitting out the year, I'm pretty happy with a 9-3 (7-2) regular season. (Just losing to Boston College and Fresno State then being blown out by Tulsa)

Tulsa, Fresno State and myself finished tied in the conference at 7-2, but Tulsa win it on tiebreakers (Tulsa 2-0, Fresno State 1-1, Boise State 0-2 in head to head)

Tulsa could've romped it in but they lost 10-27 to both 4-8 Hawaii and 3-9 UTEP at home.

Also got 12 of 15 recruting spots I needed to fill.

Next up is the Poinsettia Bowl against BYU

Poor start
20 play, 79 yard drive and I cant punch it in for a touchdown
Next play, safety to take the 2-0 lead
After me stalling at mid field, forcing a 3 and out it was pretty free flowing from there. I took a 8-3 lead at the half before holding up for 22-14.

With the win I secured the WAC the best Bowl record going 5-1 and forcing the MWC to go 0-4. That included their champion Utah (The only unbeaten team in the season) losing the BCS National Championship game to Oklahoma.

And with the win I finished the season 10-3 and ranked #21 with my co-champions Fresno State at 17 and Tulsa at 24.

Offseason
A few players tried to leave.
Our starting Wide Receiver tried to declare for the NFL Draft but I convinced him to stay
But our backup Free Safety transferred to Texas State for gametime.
Guess I need to scramble to get 4 players to commit to round out my class.

Got 2 of them before Signing day.

Heading into signing day this is our class
#18 Center Albert Newton
#5 Cornerback Gerald Brown
#17 Cornerback Steven Wiggins
#40 Cornerback Sean Dukes
#7 Defensive End Cedric Patrick
#11 Defensive Tackle Keith Douglas
#3 Full back Steven Williams
#7 Offensive Guard Collin Washington
#24 Half Back Colt Bush
#26 Outside Linebacker Nate Toth
#30 Outside Linebacker Michael Thomas
#63 Offensive Tackle Zach Cunningham
#10 Wide Receiver Leslie Jones
#58 Wide Receiver Colby Dobzinski

It's currently the #15 recruiting class

And Im in the box position heading into signing day for
#3 Free Safety Donald Scruggs
#13 Half Back Eli Palmer

BOTH COMMITTED

We also had a fair few walkons
4 star Free Safety L.Holland (I was recruiting him incase Donald Scruggs fell through, but I flipped him from Florida at the last minute)
4 star Wide receiver A.Hall
3 star Wide receiver J.Johnson
3 star Wide receiver F.Hicks
3 star Outside Linebacker A.Wheeler
3 star Wide receiver C.Harrison
3 star Wide receiver S.Fenton
3 star Defensive End F.Johnson
3 star Outside Linebacker R.Rhodes

Ill probably cut them all tbh. It gave me the #9 class, but I want to stick to how Im recruiting.
Only needs. No extras.

Conference re-alignment

After such a good season by North Carolina, the SEC wants to grow their footprint.
The North Carolina athletic director went back to the ACC and blackmailed them. Give me some basketball schools, or we're going to the SEC.
In fear of taking such a shot on the basketball side of things, the ACC have invited UConn, Memphis and Pitt to give them a 12 team conference and a conference championship game.

With that change, the Big East were looking close to crumbling, so to boost their football, they offered Ohio from the MAC a football only membership.

Meanwhile, Conference-USA saw the income the MAC brought in with the Ohio vs Western Michigan conference championship, so they decided to bring in USF and UCF to get them that game. As well as replacing Memphis with Troy.

The Sun Belt conference was also in a really weak position with only 7 teams, they decided they were going to grow to 10 but all their options were claiming to be package deals. So because they didn't fit in the conferences footprint. They made the decision to cut Idaho, who have to go independent, And they brought in Florida Atlantic, FIU, UTSA and Texas State.

Nearly heartbreak.
Started 11-0, then lost 31-28 on the road to Fresno State (theyre now 2-0 vs me)
But the strength of the WAC came through (Boise State, Fresno State, Nevada and SMU were all ranked*) *Nevada may have been jumped championship week.
Survived to get Nebraska in the Fiesta Bowl.

Also, poor Arkansas State. 12-0 and have to play Wisconsin in the Sugar Bowl.
And Utah is going for the title again.
This time against LSU

Big Bowl games are

Fiesta - Boise State vs Nebraska
Sugar - Arkansas State vs Wisconsin
Rose - Washington vs Michigan State
Orange - Georgia vs Clemson
National Championship - Utah vs LSU

Over ran them
Down 17-14 at the half, they get out to 20-14 then I overrun Nebraska to win 38-20
wins by washington, Wisconsin, Georgia and lsu too

but in bigger news, C-USA went perfect in the bowls lead by TCU and Louisville.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back