Prediction Next senior coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we made the wright choice ;)

I'm glad we did an extensive search to get the best coach for this club, that suits our values.

The Coaching Section Panel – consisting of Paul Licuria, Craig Kelly, Craig McRae, Jess Burger, Brendon Bolton, Clare Pettyfor and Graham Wright – met with candidates as part of an extensive process and determined Sam as the best coach for Collingwood’s AFLW program.

I think they would know what they were doing.

Collingwood Executive General Manager of Football Graham Wright said:

“We’re thrilled to announce the appointment of Sam Wright as our AFLW Senior Coach.

“Our recruitment process for this role was extremely thorough and we left no stone unturned in finding the right coach to lead our AFL program into its next chapter.

“From a criteria perspective we wanted a coach who could foster a high-performance environment, build and maintain strong relationships with both players and staff and have a strong foundation in developing people and footballers.

“Over the course of the process, it became apparent that Sam not only met all our outlined criteria but is also a leader who embodies our values as a Club.”

Collingwood President Jeff Browne said:

“On behalf of the Collingwood Board, I congratulate and welcome Sam Wright to our Club.

“Sam’s alignment with Collingwood’s vision for our AFLW program is key to our future success and we are excited about what lies ahead.

“While Sam brings extensive experience within our game as both an AFL player and a coach, the work he has done to develop himself as both a person and a leader in a number of diverse environments outside of our game is equally as impressive.

“His background, combined with his character, will greatly benefit our program and we look forward to seeing him play a pivotal role in driving the continued development and growth of our playing group.”

This is what North said about him. Seems he was highly rated, even their fans felt it would happen at some point.

"Everyone at North Melbourne is thrilled to see Sam get this opportunity with Collingwood," North Melbourne’s head of women’s football Nathan Hrovat said.

"Sam’s fantastic football brain teamed with his experience in athlete wellbeing has seen him get the best out of our players. His calm and methodical approach to coaching has been a great asset to our program over the past two seasons.

"Sam has had a clear ambition to one day become a senior coach and we wish him well as he takes a well-deserved step forward in his coaching career."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back