Nth Gippsland Football League p2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty quiet on the NGFLfront. I know that a well travelled former NGFL Best & Fairest winner will be at Tigerland this year.

Justin Schaeche???

I would say Rust, he won one for Gormandale. Getting on though, Mcmahon will play at TTU surely...

D Downes it is.

I suspected Downes straight away actually. Would think he would be a good pick up. For a side that performed fairly well when not highly rated last season, a couple of decent pick ups and they could become a genuine contender.

I suspected Downes straight away actually. Would think he would be a good pick up. For a side that performed fairly well when not highly rated last season, a couple of decent pick ups and they could become a genuine contender.
They should be aiming for a flag down at Tigerland. Season 2010 will mark 15 years since they're last flag. Had massive chances the last 2 seasons, more so in 2008 than 2009, but blew both. I reckon another key forward would be on the wishlist, as their is still an over reliance on Sticks, who is not getting any younger.

Won't Downdes play forward....midfield is steady with one of the Marks boys, Domaille, Simpson, probably younger Graham all in there, maybe even Mayoorgra (sp).

Will Daniel Trease play this year??? Dangerous player up forward.

Treasy is back, so there is atleast 40 + goals. Not sure where Downes would play, but probably a bit of both, ie midfield and forward. He actually won the NGFL B & F filling in as a ruckman at Cowwarr, after i think it was David Veale left.

Treasy is back, so there is atleast 40 + goals. Not sure where Downes would play, but probably a bit of both, ie midfield and forward. He actually won the NGFL B & F filling in as a ruckman at Cowwarr, after i think it was David Veale left.

Wherever he wants to play. He does what he wants

Obviously its very very early in the year but what do we all think the ladder will be at the end of the season with new recruits coaches etc.?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Churchill
Heyfield
Gormandale
Sale City
Boisdale-Briagolong
Glengarry
Rosedale
Woodside
TTU
Cowwarr
Stratford.

I think Churchill will start favourites, new coach and having played in past three grand finals. I thought they had the best team on paper last year and made a couple of wrong decisions on the most important day of all that cost them. If Leigh Mcdonald still plays the burden of not coaching may see him dominate again, even more than before. Still have very talented players and the seconds side they had were clearly the best, so depth is not an issue.

Heyfield have just been going along nicely. Mark Stevens will play this year and will be handy in a potent forward line. The probable loss of Nic Dowse will hurt, but maybe a couple of prospective recruits can help with this. Traditionally haven't been at there best after winning grand finals the year before, but maybe Stuart Anderson can produce the something different. Should be there abouts again.

Gormandale with a few handy inclusions and a redeemed sense of confidence which was lost in the early part of the season last year, this should see Gormandale become a better side. Last season they probably achieved more than people thought and were a quarter away from being in another grand final. If they can snavel another quality midfielder and allow Downdes to play forward, look out.

Sale City have recruited heavily once again, much will rely on its stars but the perception of a lack of depth might hurt them, There top ten players are as good as any. They may still lack a quality tall forward to really push hard into the top three. Let’s hope they make finals as they have a big following and the hype would be massive.

Boisdale-Briagolong, not much noise at bomberland. Two big losses in the finals last year have hurt. But the hierarchy have kept faithful with Gieschen. Very potent team on there day, but sometimes a few players go missing. Could finish anywhere next year so have taken a fairly modest prediction for them in just making the finals.

Josh King has had the boys training hard apparently; a redeemed Glengarry could well be the surprise packets of this year. Not sure recruiting wise how they have gone but if they produce there form of two years ago may find itself in finals football again. Much will rely on King who has been fairly injury prone.

Rosedale, the sneaking giant. Good young kids who have been under the guidance of Damian Birss for two years. A few rumours regarding Jon Cantwell’s return, but even without him should be looking for the younger brigade to mature physically. If Chris King can get fit this year and an improved set up (I am told) could see the blues back in the five.

Woodside, the cashed up cats started with a bang but couldn't keep the momentum going through out the year. A few big outs (apparently) of Stockdale, Collison and Ronaldson are massive losses. Had no depth last year and am not sure if they can cover these losses. Who knows what Anthony Pavey will produce and once again they are a big unknown.

As for the last three teams. TTU seem to be too inconsistent to make finals football, playing well one day but losing easy games the next. Cowwarr and Stratford look like they are struggling and let’s hope both teams push there younger footballers and look at rebuilding for the future. I know Stratford are very happy with Peter Morrison and lets hope his enthusiasm and experience helps steady the ship for the young swans, who have done well in winning the last two thirds premierships.

Good Summary. But every year you always hear the words "Mark Stevens will play a full season with us this year" from the Heyfield camp.

I would swap Churchill with Heyfield and Boisdale Briag with Glengarry and that will be my ladder

Good Summary. But every year you always hear the words "Mark Stevens will play a full season with us this year" from the Heyfield camp.

I would swap Churchill with Heyfield and Boisdale Briag with Glengarry and that will be my ladder

I never said that, he won't play a full year. Twelve games is more realistic plus finals, Mark was never going to play the last two years, everyone knew that at Heyfield.

He has indicated to the committee that he will be playing, that is all i can go off. As stated previously he has knee and back problems and will more than likely do all his own pre season and train irreguarly.

I don't believe he will have a massive influence but much like Szabo demands attention or he can hurt you.

Churchill
Gormandale
Heyfield
Glengarry
Rosedale

Sale City
Boisdale-Briagolong
TTU
Cowwarr
Woodside
Stratford.

I reckon Glen and Rosey will be the big improvers. Glen have picked up a few, including Jesse Bird from Motown, and a former Gippy Power player, who's name escapes me. Josh King will dominate if on the park for an extended period of time.

If Cantwell is back at Rosey, then that's almost enough to get them into the 5. All guess work from me in regards to Sale-City and Boisdale, as i wouldn't have any idea who they've picked up or lost. I think Woodside will have the biggest slide down the ladder.

Heyfield
Glengarry
Gormandale
Churchill
Sale City

Boisdale Briag
Rosedale
Cowwarr
Woodside
Stratford
TTU

Glengarry have picked up alot of players and will be the big improver

Anyone know when the club hopping starts? NGFL website still has last years clearances on it, which started in early Feb, so I'm assuming the start of Feb is the go?

Anyone know when the club hopping starts? NGFL website still has last years clearances on it, which started in early Feb, so I'm assuming the start of Feb is the go?

Well last year I believe the NGFNL was forced by a public response to put it up. Originally were not going to because of problems with clubs.

Not sure when clearances open but I am sure it is around Feb, so assuming this you would think the NGFNL would be putting the clearances up then on the website.

Like your pre season predictions Nugget but I'm not sure the depth at Churchill will be able to cover our losses.

L.McDonald, N.McDonald, G.Williams, J.Sutherland, R.Sutherland(unconfirmed) M.McNamara, D.Hawking, D.Paterson(unconfirmed), S.Paterson, L.Kelly(probably) and S.Kelly(probable), R.Davis.

11 of last years Grand Final side and S.Pato should have been.

Will make finals but that will be about it, tough on new coach Kingy but I'm not that enthused about non playing coaches, especially at Churchill, hasnt worked in the past and unfortunately for Kingy, wont work this year.

Geez when you look at the outs we may struggle to play finals at all.

Like your pre season predictions Nugget but I'm not sure the depth at Churchill will be able to cover our losses.

L.McDonald, N.McDonald, G.Williams, J.Sutherland, R.Sutherland(unconfirmed) M.McNamara, D.Hawking, D.Paterson(unconfirmed), S.Paterson, L.Kelly(probably) and S.Kelly(probable), R.Davis.

11 of last years Grand Final side and S.Pato should have been.

Will make finals but that will be about it, tough on new coach Kingy but I'm not that enthused about non playing coaches, especially at Churchill, hasnt worked in the past and unfortunately for Kingy, wont work this year.

Geez when you look at the outs we may struggle to play finals at all.

SHITBAGS

I will have to heavily reconsider my predictions, churchill may drop off alot with those departures...gee daniel hawkings last game at churchill won't be a personal achievement that he remembers.

Your right about Hawks last game but I'm not going to lampoon a guy for a crap game when he was very good for last 3 years, played very well year before. Shouldnt have played in GF but he did put his hand up when he wasnt right, so got to cop a bit for that.

Your right about Hawks last game but I'm not going to lampoon a guy for a crap game when he was very good for last 3 years, played very well year before. Shouldnt have played in GF but he did put his hand up when he wasnt right, so got to cop a bit for that.
Wish he was that ordinary in the 2008 Grand Final, as Gormy would be premiers. Five goals in a low scoring game was probably the difference between the 2 sides. I was a bit shocked at Churchill's appt as Senior Coach. I thought the days of non-playing coaches were almost over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back