ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
NXT are a data centre provider with a $5.4b market cap. While I don't want to sound too excited I'm tipping them to be the CSL of the tech space in terms of steady share price growth and eventual blue chip status. With ongoing year on year growth, limited running costs and an incredibly sticky product I'm getting as much into NXT as I can at the moment with a view to holding for 10+ years.

A quick overview on NXT can be found here from 10:25 onwards, as well as MP1 thereafter (who also have a stack of potential) who are also in this industry but as a connector rather than a host.

My largest holding at the moment.

They have been a good opportunity for anyone to buy into the last month as they hover at sub $12.00. Probably not going to stay this way for long.

They didn't get the huge buy-up leading into the earnings announcement like many other stocks have this reporting season - so I don't see a massive sell-off today. You'd be stupid to sell off based off the results announced last night.

I think CEO Craig Scoggie said it well in this AFR article

"About 70 per cent of businesses haven't moved [their data centres] out of their buildings yet. A lot of people still want to own and operate their own infrastructure. People want to know where their information lives and there's the backdrop of privacy and security issues today," Mr Scroggie said.

For hyper-scale deployments, which consume megawatts of capacity, these can take upwards of 18 months to fully activate.

"You can’t activate enormous amounts of capacity on very short notice and we need regular and detailed planning work with our customers," Mr Scroggie said.

The huge demand for data centres is still in its very early stages and many have yet to really utilise data centre services like NextDC as they go digital. Businesses are still working on how they're going to go from on prem to cloud etc etc. With COVID bringing a lot of that technology transformation projects forward means most of that will be starting to happen over the next year.

Yep also added some more NXT at around $11.20. Bargain price at the moment.

What are people thinking about NXT these days? Interested to hear others thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back