Club Legend
Suspended
Jun 24, 2005
Paddo
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
point piper jelly wrestle
Cameron white, Shane Watson, ronald mcdonald, next marcus north .

They are not good enough, what is the obsession with an allrounder

Best player at 6 ? or some wanky allrounder ?

Johnson is one of Australia's best bowlers AND batters at the moment. He's good enough to be an all-rounder.

lol at moody...macdonals stats are better than marcus north

james hopes for me should have got a go

of what is wrong with playing top 6 batsman..it worked for 10 years for us

put in klinger

McDonald looks far more a bowler that can bat a bit rather than a genuine allrounder. Give him a run, see how he goes, but I can't see him carving out a Test career at 6.

If we had to go an allrounder, I'd much rather see White given a crack. Undoubtedly talented. Can be devastating with the bat, and useful with the ball. Play him a little higher in the order than he was against India, so he feels he has a bit more time to settle into his game, and have more of a buffer to start playing shots when the time is right. Coming in at 8 meant that we were 6 down, and into our tail. That's not the sort of position you want a basher and crasher like White playing, when he could offer so much more with a more carefree innings.

useful with ball?
he was terrible in india and terrible out here,
one of the most overrated players in aus

useful with ball?
he was terrible in india and terrible out here,
one of the most overrated players in aus

Yes, useful with the ball. In the same way that Symonds and Clarke are useful with the ball. In India he was played as a full time spinner. Of course he was ordinary in that role. Symonds and Clarke would be too. He's a part-time bowler, and a very talented batsman. I think, positions permitting, he should be given a run batting at 6, and have him bowl his 5-10 overs an innings of bouncy topspinners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back