Details
Number
Height 186cm
Weight 85Kg
DOB 20-07-1990
Debut 2010 Round 15 Vs Adelaide
Games 45
Goals

Draft history: 2008 NAB AFL Draft 3rd round selection (West Coast) No. 36 overall.

Last edited:

Around 18 months ago a whisper was heard around the country that resonates still to today. A brief rumble grew unwatched, and began to turn into something far more dangerous. There was talk of a creature off half back at Subiaco, a creature impossible to spot with the naked eye, and impenetrable to anyone who dares cross it. Rumours abound, but nothing was certain. For noone had quite been able to see it.

AFL+Rd+16+West+Coast+v+Geelong+2WoYFJDMRQIl.jpg

The creature gained a name; Ashley Smith. He was faster than anything seen before, and seemingly only slowed down his uneasing assault on the opposition for a trip to the tattoist. But questionable body art and Masten-esque haircuts aside, his relentless domination of direct and indirect opponents made him one of 2011's shining stars. His depanting of Steven Motlop will live down as the defining moment in one of the club's greatest home and away wins. At such a young age, a legacy is forming already...

Ashley+Smith+AFL+Rd+8+West+Coast+v+Fremantle+352Q0rS_iQNl.jpg

And so 2012 beckons. A young and developing backline needs a rebounder. It needs pace and determination. It needs The Flash.

So does the midfield just quietly....

Hey guys when Ash Smith was drafted there was an article that he had ran 10.68 or 10.64 from memory. Does anyone have this article it was afl.com. Also can anyone say yes i saw that and he has ran a 10.6 something for 100m. Cheers.

So this NAB Cup hasn't exactly gone to plan for Smithers just yet, but I've gotten the inside scoop:

It turns out that The Flash has been training so well over the summer, and that he's so strong and fast and awesome, the coaching staff are deliberately telling him to pull back a little so they can unleash him when the time is right. That could be round one, that could be the grand final. Regardless of when it happens, the club are pretty happy knowing they've got this option up their sleeves.

I got in contact with the club, told them that I was entrusted with sponsoring Ash this season, and they graciously sent me this behind the scenes training picture of Ash, which I am able to share with BigFooty. Keep in mind this all top secret, so we'll be following standard GE procedures: watch out for those pesky spies...

jamaicaprinceharryusain.jpg

So yeah, nobody should be worrying about Ash.

I really dislike his new haircut and sincerely hope he was asked to take it easy in the games because if he wasn't it was a poor showing.

It took Smith a few games to pick up some form over the NAB Cup, which saw him written off pretty quickly by the BF collective.

That's all behind us, and Ash now finds himself in the starting 22 for round 1 of what could well be his make or break year. Smithy will likely see himself lining up against Walters, who he got a taste of in the first round of the NAB cup.

Now we're into the real stuff I'll try to lift my game as a sponsor and provide more regular updates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back