Past Shaun Grigg

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 16. Shaun Grigg

album_pic.php

Has Grigg been doing weights Gilly? he looks a bit bigger than when he first came over, but could just be the angle.

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB2/album_page.php?pic_id=425

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=425

Has Grigg been doing weights Gilly? he looks a bit bigger than when he first came over, but could just be the angle.

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB2/album_page.php?pic_id=425

Not your imagination AWG, I've also noticed watching him over the last two weeks that he looks bigger than I remember him being during the U18 champs. Both upper body and to a lesser extent in the legs.

Looks like he broke a collarbone playing for the Bullants today. Really sh1thouse luck as he has been great so far and must have been pushing to make his senior debut :mad: :thumbsdown:

Murphy had something similar didn't he and he seems to be going alrite at the moment! :cool:

Grigg will come back and continue dominating VFL like he has been and get a call up sooner than we all think.

I love Grigg.

Murphy had something similar didn't he and he seems to be going alrite at the moment! :cool:

Grigg will come back and continue dominating VFL like he has been and get a call up sooner than we all think.

I love Grigg.

Murph is a gun and was dominating prior to his injury.
Murph dislocated his shoulder - generally a more significant injury than a fracture, but it depends on where the fracture is.

Initially I heard collarbone (clavicle) - if this is the case then great - they heal very well and the shoulder joint itself is o.k.
If he has fractured the humerus (upper arm bone) then the higher the break, the worse it is - if its a break throught the joint (right up the top) then its generally very bad and he will have a very stiff shoulder for a long time.............lets hope its the collar bone:thumbsu:

Murph is a gun and was dominating prior to his injury.
Murph dislocated his shoulder - generally a more significant injury than a fracture, but it depends on where the fracture is.

Initially I heard collarbone (clavicle) - if this is the case then great - they heal very well and the shoulder joint itself is o.k.
If he has fractured the humerus (upper arm bone) then the higher the break, the worse it is - if its a break throught the joint (right up the top) then its generally very bad and he will have a very stiff shoulder for a long time.............lets hope its the collar bone:thumbsu:

BB, would you mind telling me the Injury JK had prior to the draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BB, would you mind telling me the Injury JK had prior to the draft?

Gilly is right, JK had a shoulder reco prior to the draft, much like what Murph had last year.
While I don't have direct knowledge of the injury a reconstruction is almost always for a dislocation similar to murph's, which causes damage to the ligaments - which in order to stabilise the shoulder and stop it coming out again need to be "reconstructed".

Gilly is right, JK had a shoulder reco prior to the draft, much like what Murph had last year.
While I don't have direct knowledge of the injury a reconstruction is almost always for a dislocation similar to murph's, which causes damage to the ligaments - which in order to stabilise the shoulder and stop it coming out again need to be "reconstructed".

ok ta. Let's just hope it's the bone he's fractured then, with no ligament damage:)

ok ta. Let's just hope it's the bone he's fractured then, with no ligament damage:)

Yes, and no AWG (or as Gibbs would say - Yeah nah :D ).
If the break is through the actual joint, then given me ligament damage and a reco anyday.

If the break is well away from the joint then no worries, and better than lig damage. This is what I suspect given the 8-10 week prognosis.:thumbsu:

Yes, and no AWG (or as Gibbs would say - Yeah nah :D ).
If the break is through the actual joint, then given me ligament damage and a reco anyday.

If the break is well away from the joint then no worries, and better than lig damage. This is what I suspect given the 8-10 week prognosis.:thumbsu:

Thanks for your insight Dr. BlueBear :) :thumbsu:

Really looking foward to watching this guy. I was just wondering if anyone knows if he will be back in the VFL next week? Also when we drafted him I was concerned about his footskills (from watching under 18 champs, low kicking effectiveness in TAC cup). Has he improved in this area?

Could have sworn he was asian .... lmao
Or the next Gary O'Donnell?

This was a great call. :)
46. Shaun Grigg – Bulldogs
Could well be the youngest player drafted. A running HBF or wingman who kicks long. Doesn’t win enough of the ball, is light and really needs to improve man on man work. A poor final where he was towelled up by Jackson will hurt him, but Jackson is a year older. Certainly the running, kicking, light style of player that the Dogs have nurtured in the past. Take him late this year in a weak draft or face having to take him with a pick in the 20s in next year’s edition?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back