Percentage of books read!

What percentage of your books have you actually read?

• 10% (or less)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20%

• 30%

• 40%

• 50%

• 60%

• 70%

• 80%

• 90%

• 100% or close to - only buy what you'll read now

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 23, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
So we have the 'percentage of books bought' thread.

But are you like me and buy insane amounts of books that you won't get through for years?

So what percentage of your personal library have you read?

Not including my childhood collection, I'm sitting at around 30%.

I read all the books I buy. Okay I lie, I start reading all the books but some turn out to be giant steaming piles of crap so I stop reading them. Exhibit A is 'The Slap' which I just can't get into. Why is this guy considered such a literary legend in this country?

I am pretty good now-a-days and only buy what I read, however, i still have a large back catalogue and also receive a lot of books as presents, so i would probably be between 60-70%.

So we have the 'percentage of books bought' thread.

But are you like me and buy insane amounts of books that you won't get through for years?

So what percentage of your personal library have you read?

Not including my childhood collection, I'm sitting at around 30%.

Why is your percentage so low? Are you buying these books or inheriting them somehow?

Why is your percentage so low? Are you buying these books or inheriting them somehow?

I never really had money to burn, and as a kid growing up I read a lot but then sorta stopped as a teenager. Which meant that when I really got into reading again last year - and I'm into literature - there was a LOT of stuff for me to catch up on. All the greats.

So ever since I got my first 'real' job out of uni last year, and also for the time I was unemployed and bored, well, I've gone a little crazy. In that time I've purchased nearly 150 books. I have not had time to read 150 books. I also got a whole bunch of classic books when going through my nan's stuff.

It's really good knowing I have a shelf (shelves...) full of stuff to read, though!

I never really had money to burn, and as a kid growing up I read a lot but then sorta stopped as a teenager. Which meant that when I really got into reading again last year - and I'm into literature - there was a LOT of stuff for me to catch up on. All the greats.

So ever since I got my first 'real' job out of uni last year, and also for the time I was unemployed and bored, well, I've gone a little crazy. In that time I've purchased nearly 150 books. I have not had time to read 150 books. I also got a whole bunch of classic books when going through my nan's stuff.

It's really good knowing I have a shelf (shelves...) full of stuff to read, though!

Yeh, i understand what you mean. I love going through Amazon or forums like this trying to find books that i know i'll be interested in. I don't often read though so they do tend to pile up. I recently read "The Road" because of the praise people gave it. Was definately an interesting experience. For the first half of the book I was waiting for stuff to happen and for some explanaitions but then for about the last 3rd of the book i couldn't put it down. Then after i finished it i couldn't stop thinking about it for a long time.

Back