Senior 9. Patrick Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy with this pick!

http://www.scpaige.com.au/phantom-draft-november-edition/
Very much a draft bolter to some, yet fitting to many given Patrick Cripps was mooted as a first round pick earlier in the year. Patrick Cripps – who is the cousin of West Coast’s Jamie, had a sensational National Championships, averaged over 20 disposals, seven clearances and three tackles per game, taking home All Australian honours. Although Cripps’ National Combine was somewhat underwhelming, Cripps rarely loses his feet and has an AFL ready body, meaning he could step straight into the Carlton midfield if given the opportunity. He’s got some serious toe, and offers line-breaking runs from stoppages, with a superb kick that always finds a target. He does however, have one of the best well-waited handballing abilities I’ve seen throughout the National Championships, it is Pendlebury-like the way in which he directs handpasses, that force the runner to move into the space that he dictates. He makes time stop around him, and it’s no wonder that some recruiters have likened his deft touch to that of the Magpie superstar as well as the hardness, courage and versatility in his game, not too dissimilar to Luke Hodge. Cripps is a tall midfielder, but also doubles up as a utility, showing more than enough capability to play off half back or half forward, but through the middle an on a wing is where his natural flair really takes shape. I’ve long been a big fan of the East Fremantle product, and the Blues will get a beauty here with young “Crippa”.

Looks like a gun. His handballs seem to always find a target. Gets his arms free and out it comes to a running player. Welcome Pat.

This thread gives me the Cripps.....and I like it :D.

Welcome aboard, son !! :thumbsu: May you have a 12-year+ career in the centre with the mighty Blue Baggers !!

Any relation to Jamie Cripps?
Has a good footy pedigree...

Blues choose Cripps
“I just got out of an exam, so it’s been a pretty full-on day. But I’m absolutely stoked,” Cripps said.

“I was pretty hopeful, but obviously I didn’t want to get too confident because you never know what happens. But I’m absolutely thrilled to be picked by the Blues. Obviously I’ve planned for this day and I can’t wait to get over there and get into it.”

In Cripps, there is a clear football bloodline. Cripps’s father Brad is a first cousin of West Coast’s dual premiership wingman the late Chris Mainwaring (who reigned supreme through the Michael Malthouse years) and his third cousin is the former St Kilda (now Eagles) half-forward Jamie Cripps,

“I’ve followed the AFL pretty closely and I know that Carlton has such a proud tradition and history,” he said.

“I have always liked the Blues and I’m just so rapt to be given an opportunity at one of the League’s biggest clubs.”
Blues choose Cripps

We have a lot of deficiencies on our list, and he not only fills one of them but looks to be the prototypical midfielder for the game moving forward, as much has been made of the tall, athletic mid of recent times. Happy with his selection TBH.

I can just see it now with opposition supporters sticking the boots in again as we have taken a mid as our first over a highly rated tall ala Lucas - Talia, with the latter taken the very next pick, after we've been linked to them. Hopefully this one turns out a little better for us than that situation is looking for us right now, albeit I think Lucas will be a good player for us.

Looking forward to seeing this young mans development, but I guess that goes without saying...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umm did you say Diesel Williams?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...position-players/story-fni5f5nx-1226765619505

Cripps, who averaged about 30 disposals in the WAFL Colts, will help replace ageing superstar Chris Judd with Rogers declaring his elite vision and hands would make silky midfielders Marc Murphy and Bryce Gibbs even more damaging.
"It's funny, you guys wrote he's 'the extractor' and that's what we've called him all year. He's got a Diesel Williams-like brain, so he can see kids outside and find them with handballs.
"The club identified that we need big-bodied midfielders to feed the ball out to the running players."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...position-players/story-fni5f5nx-1226765619505

Welcome to the Navy Blues!

I like the creativity and the ball winning ability, long may we see more of that on the big stage.

Welcome to Carlton Paddy Cripps.

Looks like a real find there. Already big and strong, good movement and doesnt shirk when it comes to getting to the bottom of the pack to extract the ball.

I liked in the highlights how he always managed to keep his hands free in the tackle and would find a team mate with a good handball. He also has a good turn of pace as well.

I think that between Cripps and Bell (along with Robbo and Cachia), we will have a good hard extractor division.

Paddy Crisps

tumblr_inline_mjllqezChF1qz4rgp.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back