muesli

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2003
S/E Melb
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wantirna South (Eastern FL)
Noble Park beat Greenvale (Essendon DFL Runners up) by 12 goals. Last week they beat Maffra (Gippsland FL Premiers by 100 points). They look to be stronger then 2010 which is a bit scary for the rest of the comp.

Blackburn apparently lost to Heidelberg by 3 points.

Balwyn beat Wantirna South (no scores were kept) but it would have been Balwyn by 10 or 11 goals.

Any other results from practice matches?

Noble Park beat Greenvale (Essendon DFL Runners up) by 12 goals. Last week they beat Maffra (Gippsland FL Premiers by 100 points). They look to be stronger then 2010 which is a bit scary for the rest of the comp.

Former AFL Player & Assistant coach Anthony Rock advised me Noble Park were as good as a local team he had seen. He did advise due to various reasons (VFL, Cricket, Grand Prix, injuries) Greenvale basically had only 8 or 9 Senior players playing, with 12 of 21 GF Runners up players missing & 2 AFL Recruits.

Former AFL Player & Assistant coach Anthony Rock advised me Noble Park were as good as a local team he had seen. He did advise due to various reasons (VFL, Cricket, Grand Prix, injuries) Greenvale basically had only 8 or 9 Senior players playing, with 12 of 21 GF Runners up players missing & 2 AFL Recruits.
Fair enough, every team has players missing in practice matches & the scores dont always reflect how good a team or league is.

That said, i still think Noble Park are the best local team in Melbourne at the moment & possibly the state.

Blackburn apparently lost to Heidelberg by 3 points.

Balwyn beat Wantirna South (no scores were kept) but it would have been Balwyn by 10 or 11 goals.

Any other results from practice matches?

Just a side note ; Maffra were missing 12 players from their 2010 premiership side when they played Noble Park. At full strength I am very confident they would be more than competitive with the Bulls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back