Sailor

Team Captain
Feb 13, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Man U
My respect for CC and the management team at Freo has gone up after this episode.
At all times they maintained control, a sense of quiet dignity and professionalism under extreme pressure.
I doubt that I could have been so calm and considered.

Saint Kilda, Grant Thomas, Rod Buttress? and Reiwoldt unfortunately come out of this with their honesty and integrity in tatters.
So much for Thomas' business KPI's. The first KPI in managemnt relates to ethics and Thomas has shown he has none. No comeback from there.
St Kilda know they lost the game. To carry on after what was the correct decision is only trying to manipulate the rules to get something they have not earned. I think there is a word for it: cheating.
Reiwold, if you are going to make an emphatic statement of truth don't hang your head in shame and look at the ground at the same time. Having studied body language for some time I can suggest that the two do not go together.

That said about St Kilda, there have been a number of their fans both on talkback radio and posting on the internet who have been brilliant. Many have mentioned that Freo won and should get the points. They urged their club to do the right thing. To those people our thanks, your club can learn from you.

Connolly certainly has handled things well this week. But his job is to win games of footy. A poor result this week will quickly erase the good work done since Sunday.

Hopefully the club will be able to use the events of the last few days to really propel our season, and create a bond between players and coach. The debacle in Tassie may end up being a much better result than stumbling over the line by a point for our football club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back