Random Random Chat Thread XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Where's Kong ? He's had a rather inauspicious absence. I've barely frequented these boards for 6 months, but I haven't seen Whomby at all.

I've been relatively disenchanted with footy for nearly 2 years - and have watched very few games - but feel some strong sense of excitement again as of last week - I'm sure I'm not alone. I really have no understanding of 25% of teams' lists as I haven't really followed footy or the draft for two seasons now. It was a bit odd and frustrating.

Perth, where so little happens that the erection of billboards is a newsworthy event.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/27274451/freeway-billboard-lights-up-train-station/
Freeway billboard lights up train station

The first of 10 electronic freeway billboards has been erected on Kwinana Freeway, at the pedestrian overpass at Bull Creek train station.

As revealed by The West Australian last year, other advertising signs will be erected at Hepburn Avenue, Hutton Street and Warwick Road on the Mitchell Freeway and Berrigan Drive on the Kwinana Freeway.

APN Outdoor (Trading) Pty Ltd is paying the Government a minimum of $6.2 million over the life of the 10-year contract for the signs, with an option for four additional signs if the Government is satisfied with the operation.

Transport Minister Dean Nalder has said the proceeds of the contract would go towards reducing traffic congestion and road safety initiatives. Alcohol advertising will be banned.

The second billboard is scheduled to be installed on another PTA bridge over Great Eastern Highway in Burswood on May 18.

It kind of shits me a bit the way you hate on Perth even though I agree. You got out so y u no just let it go?
Because it still provides the lolz. I only do it in a light hearted way. I don't actually hate Perth.

In fairness, the nightly Melbourne news on any of the commercial stations will usually carry some useless filler story like a dog farting extra loudly or woofing at a shadow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness, the nightly Melbourne news on any of the commercial stations will usually carry some useless filler story like a dog farting extra loudly or woofing at a shadow.
That's why I only watch ABC News.

Perth is brilliant.

Having lived in Perth, Melbourne and the beautiful South West, I hate the complaints about them.

Perth has its terrible shortcomings, but it has some brilliant strengths that people tend to gloss over when complaining about the infrastructure (or lack thereof).

I was always asked which I preferred when living in Melbourne and my answer was simple. If you compare what Melbourne does well to the equivalent in Perth, then Melbourne wins hands down, but if you compare Perth's strengths with Melbourne's equivalents you would wonder why anybody would live anywhere but Perth.

Plus everyone knows that if you live in WA, you are earning millions each year.

Thats kind of cool.
Not any more. I was over for a wedding this weekend and everything on the radio, all the news and anyone I talked to seemed so down about everything over there right now. Big shock compared to the confident city I left just under three years ago.

Just on the whole Perth v Melbourne argument, it's clearly 100% subjective. You prefer what you prefer and that's it. For me, Melbourne win hands down because the strengths (I assume) you speak of about Perth don't appeal to me (weather, beach, river etc).

Perth is brilliant.

Having lived in Perth, Melbourne and the beautiful South West, I hate the complaints about them.

Perth has its terrible shortcomings, but it has some brilliant strengths that people tend to gloss over when complaining about the infrastructure (or lack thereof).

I was always asked which I preferred when living in Melbourne and my answer was simple. If you compare what Melbourne does well to the equivalent in Perth, then Melbourne wins hands down, but if you compare Perth's strengths with Melbourne's equivalents you would wonder why anybody would live anywhere but Perth.
So what are Perth's strengths besides not being Adelaide?

Beaches, the Swan, the weather, the surf, the space the laid back nature...........

They are there, but often easy to miss when it is just the norm.

But yeah, it's not Adelaide.
One and four are the same. The Swan stinks and has been over run with water skiers and jet skis. The space?? Laid back nature is a thing of the past too. There's plenty of agro out there.

Something else that really has me shat is the plague of ravens, corellas and rainbow lorikeets that has been allowed to occur unabated due to buck passing between state and local governments. This place is going to the dogs and it seems just about every good thing it had going for it is being eroded at an alarmingly increasing rate. [/getoffmylawn/oldmanyellsatcloud]

One and four are the same. The Swan stinks and has been over run with water skiers and jet skis. The space?? Laid back nature is a thing of the past too. There's plenty of agro out there.

Something else that really has me shat is the plague of ravens, corellas and rainbow lorikeets that has been allowed to occur unabated due to buck passing between state and local governments. This place is going to the dogs and it seems just about every good thing it had going for it is being eroded at an alarmingly increasing rate. [/getoffmylawn/oldmanyellsatcloud]
http://www.alliedpickfords.com.au/movinghouse/interstatemoving/interstatemovinginaustralia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back