Randwick Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

dave666

Rookie
Sep 14, 2004
Other Teams
Sydney
Hi guys,
I'm heading out to Randwick on the weekend for the De Villiers. Unfortunately I've got a shocking week so have no time to do the form, and I'm going with the girlfriend so I won't get much of a chance while I'm there.
Just wondering what you guys would have as your best couple of chances for the day, and the prices you'd be looking for?
Any help much appreciated

Dave, they haven't released the confirmed fields yet, but in the Villiers, a horses called Courts in Session is running.

I assume it will start very short, as it absolutely smashed them in the Hawkesbury Cup by about 5 lengths. Magsaya ran second in that race, but totally missed the jump, but CIS was outstanding that day. Another in that race in Sam Sung a Song which is a fave of one BF punter.

In the Decemer Hcp, there's a horse who ran favourite in the Hawkesbury Cup called Lamborghini. Didn't handle the class last time, but it's form before that was excellent, so you could forgive the last run. Vereza has won one recently in that race as well.

Sam Sung A Song can't win from 18. Ike's Dream is a huge show, my choice is Courts In Session, but the value is Magsaya ($17) and This Manshood ($21). Box those 4 in your favourite multiple and good luck to you.

Other selections for tomorrow:

Randwick:

R6: Radetzky March from Michael Da Dragon and Spinjester.

Flemington:

R4: Demerger is the best of a fairly ordinary bunch of stayers. Otherwise look for a possible lightweight chance such as Pindari Prince who gets in with 49.5 after the claim.

R5: I'm prepared to forgive Green Pick's last run as was checked badly, and he is probably looking for the 1600m. Butten Shaw is ultra consistent, and Medieval Legend is a smart horse who gets in well on the weights.

R6: Irish Crusader found form last start with a second in the Ballarat Cup, and the competition does not look harder here. Hunter Hermitage has been super consistent in races around this quality, and has D. Oliver on board.

R7: Chong Tong is a really smart sprinter who is a class above this field, but has 60 kg on board, so it will be tough for him. Blessum is a smart sprinter who was beaten only by the mudlark Holding last start in the wet, but it's Danny O'Brien's other runner Leone Chiara who with 52 kg is my tip, a smart sprinting mare who has won down the straight before, and is up to this sort of company. In an open race I think Don't Tell Tom, Sensational Spot, and Dunrobin also have strong claims.

Bobby Beecroft said:
Back Ikes Dream,
in form, good barrier & Beadman is travelling well.

Will be another winner for Tims 'Beadman' system.

What a fantastic win!

Jumped off CIS, as drew wide and Tim Martin said he doesn't like the open tracks as much as Hawkesury.

So chucked it all on Ike's Dream and duly saluted. Fantastic ride by Beadman...race record no less!

Pantsless said:
What a fantastic win!

Jumped off CIS, as drew wide and Tim Martin said he doesn't like the open tracks as much as Hawkesury.

So chucked it all on Ike's Dream and duly saluted. Fantastic ride by Beadman...race record no less!

I love races like that when theres a couple of 'spruike' horses that will always start under the odds. The horse that was always going to get the good run duly salutes & pays over the odds.

Ikes has always shown ability, perhaps its just starting to deliver now.

WHat did you guys think of the run of Bradbury's Luck? I backed it at about $7 on course and thought it won with something left. Magic Millions chance? Mosso was supposed to be a contender and it got smashed

dave666 said:
WHat did you guys think of the run of Bradbury's Luck? I backed it at about $7 on course and thought it won with something left. Magic Millions chance? Mosso was supposed to be a contender and it got smashed

Great run, had it's MM price slashed in half.

I usually watch Trials and Tribulations and remember seeing the trial he won. The horse that came second in that trial ran at Hawkesbury yesterday and I wanted to have something on it, but forgot. I turned onto Sky and they were loading them in and tried getting on the TAB webste to plonk on it and typed by password in wrong and by the time I got to the bet screen, they jumped.

It won easily. Paid $6.10 I think. NOT HAPPY JAN :mad: :mad:

Its a jump & run Rogie 2yo so it must be in the ballgame.

How did Ike's start those odds?

Once again I fell into Dante's Paradiso,if it ever runs straight???
$4.50 the place but had the running double 20times with Radetzky March?

Seth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah a mate of mine has a 1/10 share in Bradbury's. They paid $130K for it so looks like being a pretty good investment at this stage.

I thought Pekalan's run was pretty good too- had e/w money on it at $14/$4. Came from last in the straight and just missed on the line.

And agreed re: Ike's Dream- it was paying about $4 on fixed odds earlier in the week- can't believe it blew out to $6.20 on NSW TAB. More to the point, can't believe I didn't bet on it...

dave666 said:
haven't seen the races on Saturday, but did get the tip on Bradbury's Luck. Didn't quite think it would win and was apprehensive cause it bombed out abit in it's first race. Still had in my top 3 for that race.

Mosso was dissapointing, but you can never get too dissapointed by a horse on it's first run. It's got the talent, so at least you know next time round your going to get good odds and might not be a bad each way bet, and possibly win bet.

Didn't get the chance to put any bets on cause i was playing cricket, but i had a pretty solid tipping day. Picked my top 3 in each race, and came out tipping 3 winners (Loftily, Radetzky March and Vereza). Also had Jymcarew, Desert Ransom and Bradbury's Luck to finish in the top 3 and they all won. Only winners i didn't tip in my top 3 were Mustard, Ike' Dream (in hindsight, i don't know why i didn't) and Ficticious Lady.

Also had Desert Ransom and Sub Tuum to finish in top 2, but picked them in the wrong order. Apparetaly Sub Tuum was quite impressive.

Figured if i had've put 10 for the win on each of my 9 win picks i would've ended down by $6 according to NSW TAB prices. Figured if i had've put 10 for the win on each my 27 top 3 picks, i would've ended up down by $21 according to NSW Tab prices, but i was up by $71 after race 4 as all winners from the first 4 races featured in my top 3.

I guess that just shows how hard it is to win on the races, given picking 3 winners out of 9 is pretty good and i more-or-less broke even. You just need that slice of luck and pick up a good paying winner, or quinella or boxing a trifecta.

As for the Magic Millions; i honestly just can't see anything stopping Snitzel. Given that Gonski is unlikely to run, and that Myesonme (sic) isn't running, i just dont think there are any 2 year olds that can beat those 3. Yes anything can happen on the day, but it's a step in front of the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back