Preview Rnd 19 v Geelong - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it's up on the Swans website now, insufficient force to warrant a report. When I watched the replay of it I thought, "was that it?!"

Have to say on the night seeing Dangerfield strughling to stand I was worried, but replay seemed to show everything was well executed. Not high, McGlynn stayed low, and he met him rather than went through him.

Only issue for me was whether it would be deemed too late or not, and more forceful than it looked.

Looking forward to the seeing if the boys can back it up for a second week. Goodes in for Buddy should be the only change.

Hard to critique BJ on the very limited time he gets. Frustrating to see a clearly struggling Buddy, and BJ gets a solid 14 min run at it. Horse obviously adjusting the game plan for 2016 removal of the sub rule.

Thread needs more weather. ;)

Saturday 8 August
Geelong and Surf Coast area
Min 5 Max 14
Partly cloudy. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 10%

If buddy is not 100 percent he should not play too important this close to finals. Really need a consistant lineup now
I disagree. If it's only a strain, he plays. Serious damage, he should rest, but strains are not much risk of making it worse. Therapy between games will see it ease away.

We can't afford to drop any games, and we need him out there. We can sub him if it flares up. But Geelong at home is a potential threat, and we need our best on the park.

Agree, Geelong fans never carried on anything like the wees & poos flogs in the middle of their period of dominance. Just hope they prove me right & show Goodesy the appropriate level of respect on Saturday.
It'll happen. We are human beings. They are a nasty variety of caterpillar, with horrible spines and stuff sticking out everywhere.
Our family will have "37" headbands on. Love the Swannies -- hope Goodesy has a blinder -- but that we pip you with a second to go.

In return for my good wishes, could you please annihilate Hawthorn next time, because we're not up to it anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am i the only one more nervous about the crowd reaction to Goodes first touch rather than the result?
I'm relatively confident that the majority of the Geelong crowd would respect Goodes. Pretty sure a couple years back when Ablett played his first game at Kardinia Park for the Suns the crowd would've had a lot of reasons to boo him but I think they ended up giving him a standing ovation instead. Different circumstances this week with Goodes but the Geelong fan base have never really had a reputation as an extremely feral crowd. The next week against Collingwood though may be a different story.

Am i the only one more nervous about the crowd reaction to Goodes first touch rather than the result?

I feel that now the Sydney crowd (and many in the greater footy community) have shown support, Goodes needn't fear the odd boo anymore.

At least it feels like he doesn't have to carry the burden alone anymore.

There will be booers. But at every ground there'll be opposition supporters who might have been silent before who might be emboldened to call them out for it. That's what I hope anyway.

I feel that now the Sydney crowd (and many in the greater footy community) have shown support, Goodes needn't fear the odd boo anymore.

At least it feels like he doesn't have to carry the burden alone anymore.

There will be booers. But at every ground there'll be opposition supporters who might have been silent before who might be emboldened to call them out for it. That's what I hope anyway.
I guarantee the Hawks or WCE will use it as crowd weapon in the finals. Would be appropriate for the AFL to stand up and say that is just not on - but can't see it happening.

Too much egg spilling onto faces at the moment.

I guarantee the Hawks or WCE will use it as crowd weapon in the finals. Would be appropriate for the AFL to stand up and say that is just not on - but can't see it happening.

Too much egg spilling onto faces at the moment.

If they do, personally I think it would backfire. I can't think of anything better for the boys to use as motivation to silence them by winning.

There will be a certain number who will boo him. I have absolutely no doubt about that whatsoever. Having said that, hopefully it will be a smaller minority this time.

OK, I'm involving myself in this game. Flights done, room done. Now, does anyone know where the cheer squad are sitting?

Meet up with us!

I give the Cats a real shot at this one. They have everything to play for and will be desperate at home. And Buddy probably not playing for us.

Us, you say? Who are you going with and where are you sitting?

Bonz and a few of his mates I think you've met before. We're in PSL2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back