Roar

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 27, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I must admit I hated the name Queensland Roar when I first heard it... but now I think Roar is a terrific name and the best in the competition.

Anybody else like it or dislike it or dont care?

ps. at least we have a brand name unlike sydney.

I don't know about it being the best in the comp, but I don't dislike it as much as I did at first.

We are on a little bit of a run now, and hopefully a win this weekend will push us into the top 4.

Worst strip, worst name.

Glory, Victory, Roar are all crapola IMHO. Bring back the animal, not one animal nickname in the whole A-League. Hate to be the kinda person who calls things "gay" but new age sporting team nicknames are exactly that.

at first i despised the fact they called it queensland, the name was roar, the colors were orange and the fact they were playing at suncorp. i still dont 'love' the name, dont mind it, and it being called queensland as opposed to brisbane, it unites people to support them. and now i love the colors, very distinct. and suncorp is world class state of the art, the fact the games are there draws people, and the roar half fill the stadium often which is great.

When the eight teams were announced for the new A League, I was throwing up between Melbourne, Queensland and the Central Coast.

I was leaning towards Melbourne for obvious reasons but then there was the Queensland name change from Lions to Roar. When it was first announced, I thought it was absolutely pathetic. It grew on me in the following days however and it was the deciding factor to choosing my team.

I haven’t missed a televised game since the kick off and I doubt I ever will. I love their home kit, but I’m not too crazy about the maroon socks. If they were changed to orange, the kit would be one of the most attractive in the world. I know its Queensland tradition to have some maroon innovated but it just doesn’t go well. The away kit is the best in the league by far. The orange shorts with white shirts and socks look brilliant.

Have the Roar offically changed their home socks?

7125_l.jpg

That's from the A-League store, exact replicas apparently.

MadRyan said:
Have the Roar offically changed their home socks?/QUOTE]

There was a bit controversy (mainly media driven) that the roar had no maroon in their uniform. As a result they brought in the maroon socks to appease these people. Ridiculous because the orange strip is awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back